Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Alaska Freight Run

Alaska Freight Run 

Starting from Homer (PAHO) in Alaska, we fly to a series of airports in Southern Alaska flying along the Pacific coast and into the coastal mountain ranges.  The first stop is in Kenai (PAEN), then a short leg up to the busy international freight hub Anchorage (PANC).   Departing Anchorage we fly up the Turnigan Arm and over Whitter turning towards Prince William Sound before landing in Valdez (PAVD).  Leaving Valdez we fly up the Lowe River valley, continuing on 10 miles before turning and following a large glacier up and over the Chugach Mountains.  Once across the pass we descend down the valleys to Nelson Bay, turning at the town of Cordova before landing at Cordova-Smith (PACV).  The final long leg will take us down the coast of Alaska past the Copper River Delta, the Wrangell St Elias Wilderness, and Icy Bay to our destination Yakutat (PAYA). 

bdrubRK.jpg

The total route is 439nm and you will probably want to fly an aircraft that can cruise at 240knts.  I will be flying the PMDG DC-6 in the Everts Air Cargo livery. Note that Everts also operates an MD-82 if you want something a little faster.  The Dash8 Q400, Folker 50, King Air, Citation Mustang will also work.  As always, you are free to fly what you like.

Recommended Scenery:

Orbx NA Southern Alaska 

Optional Payware Airports:

Orbx PAEN Kenai Municipal Airport
Orbx PAHO Homer Airport
Orbx PAVD Valdez Pioneer Field
Orbx PAYA Yakutat Airport
Aerosoft Anchorage Professional

Flightplan & Pilots Guide: HERE

NOTAMS:

Good Weather Day: Aug 9, 18:00Z  (Recommend that we fly with this weather, this will provide clear weather for most of the route with good visibility of the mountains and glaciers)

Departure Time: 15:40 local  - Plan to arrive at PAYA around 18:40 local.  This will give us golden hour light for the last long leg.

Where & When

Date and time: Saturday, Sep 7, 2019. 1800 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).

Multiplayer Experience
To help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

For any "Fly the Maddog" MD-82 drivers who are planning to join in.  There's are Everts liveries available: Everts Air Cargo: N965CE

965.thumb.jpg.1f1810cb3a6d73ad5f9a44ead9

For those using Orbx Homer (PAHO), you may want to reduce static aircraft and airliner to create more ramp parking.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

If everything works out, we're going to see a jet plane with big round radials and a command deck the size of the Starship Enterprise. Handled with skill, this special aircraft was able to make mid-air catches of objects falling from outer space. (The satellites of the top-secret Corona program.)
As one expert might say, "Cool-i-o". 😎

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1