Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Kilo

Parking Percentage

Nico,

I don’t have the software open so not sure of the file names and exact wording, but now that you define parking percentage in the parameters file in the appdata folder, is the parking percentage line in each individual airport file now not used?

Thanks,

Charlie

It is still used, but with the parameters in the parameters.xml file you can give it a different initial value than the original fixed 35%. Please read the ParkPosGenerator Manual about how and what.

Edited by kiek

Thanks for the info, I’ve read the manual but don’t understand how it works.

So if my initial percentage for Heathrow is 80%, at what stage does the 35% in the EGLL file come in?

Charlie

6 minutes ago, Charlie Kilo said:

Thanks for the info, I’ve read the manual but don’t understand how it works.

So if my initial percentage for Heathrow is 80%, at what stage does the 35% in the EGLL file come in?

Charlie

If you let PPG generate the EGLL.xml and you use all default values, the inital parking percentage will be 35. 

Note that you can manually change the parking percentage in the airport file, and/or overrule the parking percentage in the PSXT GUI for airport files in \parked_updates.

The parking percentages do not change over time or at a certain stage...

Edited by kiek

Thanks, I get it now.

I thought it was the initial parking percentage used by PSXSeeconTraffic when an airport is opened in P3D, overriding the one in the airport file.

I now realise it's the value that's set in each of the airport files when running PPG.

Thanks,

Charlie K