Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

End of an Era

I always loved these aircraft--I always tried to book seats up front, in the 2 seat side of coach, so I would be in the quietest part of the aircraft and have only an aisle next to my Window seat....  I have flown in the DC9/MD8x/MD9X and also the similar British aircraft just once, the BAC-111, on my way from Gatwick to Amsterdam in '84....  I also enjoyed all tail mounted engine aircraft I have flown on, the 727 and CRJ7xx/9xx, I only disliked the CRJ 200 because of the low window placement, corrected in the CRJ7XX/9XX and also aircraft like the Embraer 13x/14x/17x/19x....  and finally, the 787....

John

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/american-airlines-retires-md-80/index.html

• Like 1

It shall live in my simulator for ages to come!!!!!

Thanks to the original MD team who made it (I dunno if some are at Boeing).  I always had fun flying on this bird.  The takeoffs are so awesome.

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Absolutely hated loading that airplane. You could put a lot of stuff in those 3 cargo bins.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

I’d use to love sitting in the middle section of the MD-80. You could see the fuselage twist and move going down the runway. 

18 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Far from an end of an era; Delta still flies the MD*...

But for how long?

Vic green

3 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

But for how long?

End of 2020; however, that could be extended. My point is we are not at the end of an era, at least not yet....

Matt King

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I'll have to pick up the new Maddog one of these days...

I've always liked them - used to fly Coolsky version quite a bit - those little razorblade slivers they call wings - make it look like it shouldn't be capable of flight... I love all the wonky sounds in the cockpit as the plane talks to you...

Had a flight a while back - in the absolute last row of seating - have news for you - seating is miserable and LOUD back there - that and the FA's liked it back there - a regular coffee klatch - and wouldn't shut up while speaking loudly to be heard over the engine noise - for the entire flight...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The Fly The Maddog is one of the best addons ever for FSX and P3D. I enjoy it day to day and I recently decided to keep it in service until 2040, at least in my hangar.

Go and get it. You’ll be more than happy with it.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

22 hours ago, mwilk said:

Absolutely hated loading that airplane. You could put a lot of stuff in those 3 cargo bins.

😂i had an opportunity to offload it when it diverted to JFK (originally was suppose to go to LGA but it was after midnight)  a few years back and made it my mission to never get back in that belly.

Edited by Chris F.
  • Like 2

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

The Fly The Maddog is one of the best addons ever for FSX and P3D. I enjoy it day to day and I recently decided to keep it in service until 2040, at least in my hangar.

Go and get it. You’ll be more than happy with it.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

Yeah - I've heard nothing but good things and I am intrigued - it's just a bit pricey given my penchant for GA/BizJets... I've been watching for a sale - which seems like they don't do - I was able to pick up the Majestic Q400 Pro for less than $50.00 by being patient  - which is a good thing - since I haven't done more than take a cursory look at it - same for the AS CRJ (also on sale - the only two tube liners I own)... LOL - I fully intended to take the time to learn them - with the best of intentions - yet - still they stagnate on my hard drive...

Appreciate the input...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Same here. I bought the Majestic Q400 maybe a year ago BECAUSE it was on sale. I have maybe 2 hrs fiddling with it. I have my Just flight, A2a, Alabeo, Carenado, Ants eaglet, Milviz GA, REALAIR dukes and Legacy, Aerosoft PBY, which are about 100 aircraft. I flew GA in RL till 15 years ago and just never got the itch for larger aircraft. The A2a Connie, B17 and B377 I fly probably because  their historical. My dad is 94 years old and was a navigator on the B29's on Tinian Island. I also need to upgrade to the 2080ti series with 320gb memory and a fire extiquisher system before I start getting past the aircraft I have. I still use FSX sp2 which I bought a copy of Acceleration for $12 brand new and have had it installed for about 3 weeks so FINALLY my Milviz B407 and Alabeo R66 work correct. I talked to the people at RealSIm a couple weeks ago "who are a couple hours away" and they said that the P3D platform is probably not going to be as good in the future. I will go back to X-plane and after the new Microsoft SIm comes out, after everyone else has been yelling at them for being offline and NOT helping, I will  MAYBE start ALL OVER AGAIN with the new Microsoft sim. EVERYTHING has to be bought ALL OVER AGAIN as NOTHING we own will work on it. I have??? with Megascenery, Orbx airports, and software about $4000 in FSX. My next move is going to be patient and WELL thought out.