Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

Longer Videos Please

I think we will get longer videos with discovery series. 5 min videos could be fine for explaining certain features, but just for visual purposes I think 5 min it’s too long even for a trailer. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aleex said:

I think 5 min it’s too long even for a trailer. 

Too long for a trailer, but until people get their hands on an actual Beta, it would be a good demo for lack of visible artifacts like pop-in or stutters. If those aren't tamed yet, it may be why we're only seeing very short clips.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Highly inappropriate and potentially hugely damaging to the new sim were the development team to show us longer pre-alpha videos.

Why? Because even the smallest problems have already been picked-up and the sim written-off by a few for 'blob' trees and that one stutter during the canopy rain video.

I want to see more as much as you do. In fact, we all want more info and wanted it yesterday. But it's far too high risk for the developers to succumb to our overeagerness to see more before they are ready.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

40 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Because even the smallest problems have already been picked-up and the sim written-off by a few for 'blob' trees and that one stutter during the canopy rain video.

Indeed. This community must be pretty tough for developers. You make what is essentially the best flight-sim clip of all time and people nit-pick it to death. And it's not even finished! If they did show some 30 minute preview of an airliner flight, I can only imagine the kinds of criticisms they could get. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Too long for a trailer, but until people get their hands on an actual Beta, it would be a good demo for lack of visible artifacts like pop-in or stutters. If those aren't tamed yet, it may be why we're only seeing very short clips.

And that's exactly why they aren't giving you that. People would pick it apart to death. It's pre-Alpha. There will be artifacts and stutters. 

• Upvote 2

I believe right now Microsoft is providing all these rather frequent updates and short videos to hype their new, hopefully spectacular, sim.  Doin' it just to wet every ones's appetite until the actual release. They sure do not want to reveal too much, too soon...      

16 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Agree.  If it's an alpha build, everyone will be piling in to give their 2c about how  'awful'  it is based on noticeable Alpha build anomalies.  I'm prepar3d to wait for the Beta builds which will be a better indication of what we're actually going to get. 

Edited by ErichB

Seriously.  They're under no obligation to provide even what they have.  Instead, they've done a great job of keeping the community informed and engaged.  The software is a year away from release, be patient.

• Like 2

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Also consider that the average age of the simmer community has significantly  increased and the attention span has decreased in the same proportion. Can we keep our focus for more than 15 sec ? 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam