Sign in to follow this  
eslader

AIG plane behavior question

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

LM have had plenty of time to fix this and the other annoying issues with Ai. Like stopping on a sixpence after landing. Absolutely ridiculous these problems still exist when they released v1.4 back in August 2012. 😠 Seven years and still the same problems.

Maybe misbehaving AI traffic is not exactly a top priority on LM's list? :rolleyes:

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

If they are as committed to the flightsim community as some people say they are, then it should be.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If I make an airport with one way on and off the runway, fill the sky and parking. Sooner or later one coming off meets one coming on. I've not seen it where they intersect.

The AI is not built to circumvent these problems easily so it must be handled correctly.

The key here is not to expect a knife to do the job of a machete.

The AI traffic and airport taxiways should be experimented with and traffic schedules injected that can be coped with.

Improvements would be handy.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

This finger pointing, they are to blame, seems ungrateful. They are not to be blamed for providing something that we, at least have something for use. If it's not been upgraded to some imagined level by now then we have to wait for it to come. We can decide not to purchase if it's no better next time.

Edited by SteveW

Maybe something better is required. Here's ROBOPilot:

20190904_Aerospace_Story1.jpg

21 hours ago, F737NG said:

I'm going to keep banging the drum for this until there's a fix / another solution:
https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=aicontroller14b.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Works well at AI separation, both on approach and during taxiing.

Does take some time to get up and running as I use the SID and STARS function, so I start it before launching P3D.

I have it installed and running. Somewhat more complex than I imagined. The only issue I came across are some entries in scenery.cfg have an absolute path which probably isn't necessary as it's not present in the majority which AiM didn't like across a network.

I have it running on a separate PC via SimConnect which allows Ai Monitor to be displayed. A BA777 has just departed 27L at EGLL to UUEE and no Pattern entry was displayed initially. Soon after take-off the Flight Status changed to SID and the BPK7G SID was listed.

No effect on P3D as the data capture is very low apparently but I chose EGLL as it's probably my hardest hit on Ai with over 300 in an 80nm bubble. Too early to have a full picture of what it can do but over time its benefits should become apparent.

Having a PMDG aircraft helps as the wpNavRTE.txt file can be copied into the parent AiC folder and used to provide all the world's jetways.

The authors of both programs are to be congratulated. Thanks for bringing this to our attention @F737NG.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

45 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Having a PMDG aircraft helps as the wpNavRTE.txt file can be copied into the parent AiC folder and used to provide all the world's jetways.

If one has a Navigraph subscription, the PMDG-format navdata can be downloaded and used in AIC regardless of whether they have any PMDG add-ons.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

If one has a Navigraph subscription, the PMDG-format navdata can be downloaded and used in AIC regardless of whether they have any PMDG add-ons.

Bob, I do have a Navigraph FMS subscription but what is AIC? I’m using Ai Companion - a freebie for monitoring AIG Ai - but I suspect you mean something else.

And how is this data loaded?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

AIC = AI Controller...is this not what we're talking about here? 

You mentioned that having a PMDG acft allows you to copy wpNavRTE.txt into AIC and use it...my point is that file is a standard part of the PMDG-format Navigraph navdata updates.

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

7 minutes ago, w6kd said:

AIC = AI Controller...is this not what we're talking about here? 

You mentioned that having a PMDG acft allows you to copy wpNavRTE.txt into AIC and use it...my point is that file is a standard part of the PMDG-format Navigraph navdata updates.

Yes, it just shares the same TLA as Ai Companion. It's been a tiring day.

AIC is not in the list of supported programs in Navigraph FMS Data Manager so the only way it can be updated is a manual copy each month. Unless you know of a different method?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

AIC is not in the list of supported programs in Navigraph FMS Data Manager so the only way it can be updated is a manual copy each month. Unless you know of a different method?

No, but writing a quick batch file to do the copy and putting a shortcut to that on the desktop right next to the Navigraph FMS Manager would make it pretty simple.  I prefer to automate tasks I know I'm going to repeat.

22 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have had My Traffic 6 and now UT Live. and use PF3. I have never seen AI run into each other, and when I am taxiing, AI is stopped until I pass the intersection , and then continues taxiing. 

Ditto!

No complaints with UTL at all!!!

Chris Camp

30 minutes ago, w6kd said:

No, but writing a quick batch file to do the copy and putting a shortcut to that on the desktop right next to the Navigraph FMS Manager would make it pretty simple.  I prefer to automate tasks I know I'm going to repeat.

I already have a few batch files to copy flight plans and various other files so I'll just include that one. It will probably get copied multiple times per month but better to do that than have yet another batch file.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 9/5/2019 at 5:47 PM, F737NG said:

I'm going to keep banging the drum for this until there's a fix / another solution:
https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=aicontroller14b.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Works well at AI separation, both on approach and during taxiing.

Does take some time to get up and running as I use the SID and STARS function, so I start it before launching P3D.

I've spent a lot of time today trying to understand how the SID/STAR process works. I have been using the sample files that came with the program but they don't cover some areas I fly in.

So I ran the SID/STAR Converter process which takes around 3 hours to complete. At the end of it I had a parent folder named XX and a sub-folder for every country in the sim. Within each country sub-folder there were multiple TXT files for each SID and STAR.

I pointed AiMonitor to that top folder - XX - expecting it to be able to read the txt files two folders down. But it couldn't.

The supplied files also have a top level but crucially have a second level sub-folder with the name of the ICAO. Within that are the txt files. That seems to be the only way the program can read the data.

Have you managed to generate your own files to match the structure of the sample ones? I'm struggling.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have you managed to generate your own files to match the structure of the sample ones? I'm struggling.

It's not intuitive, tbf.

- Go to the SIDSTAR Converter folder in your installed AIControllerV14B folder to find the Readme.pdf.

- Run the SIDSTAR Converter program.
Input Path is [Your drive]\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\SIDSTARS
Output Path is wherever you want the data to be created.
Amend the next 4 rows of data fields as desired.
Leave the 3 check boxes empty.
AiConv.exe Path is [...]\AIController\AIControllerV14B.
Runway.exe Path is your main P3D folder location.
Choose 'Enable All' from the four choices.
Press the 'Convert' button above and wait.

- Here's where it gets tedious...
In the program AIMonitor.exe, in Settings, select the 4th option on the list 'SIDS, STARS, Approaches and Finals (Nav Data required)'.
Next press the 'Add Path' button to choose the folder location of the first country that you wish to add.
Repeat for all of the countries that you want to include 'Arrival Paths' (STARS) for in your sim.
Ensure the checkbox is selected for all of them (press 'Select All' button if they are not), then finally when ready, press the 'Apply button.

The same process needs to occur for the 'SID Paths' in the box underneath.

- Finally, in Settings, choose 'Options', 'General Options', choose an AI holding/Go-around mode per the graph on the top left and add the value to the box above, e.g. 1 for Holding Mode 1 (Holding at STAR Entry WP). 
AI Custom Hold should be '0'
Ensure that 6th box down on right side of the same options window is 'AI STAR selection mode' has '1' in the box.

The end. [Phew]😓

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter