Sign in to follow this  
eslader

AIG plane behavior question

The developer of Ai Controller is Roland Foster and his email is AIController2_at_gmail_dot_com

I'm sure he would answer any questions. Perhaps he's had a change in personal circumstances rather than having abanoned what is a very good program.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

The program asks if you want to force an update of the taxi_graph.txt whenever it detects a change in the scenery.cfg to keep it up-to-date with whatever installed scenery is active. 

A necessary annoyance.

It's definitely a work around / hack to create new taxiway data rather than rely on the source AFCAD data. But then the developer probably needed one simple text file for the program to read rather than look at hundreds of various scenery AFCADs, scattered all over the place to extract the necessary data.

It's one way to go if only certain data is required. But reading of all the actual scenery files, is super quick anyway. Generally scenery is stable so a rescan only need be done occasionally. Some addon scenery can change depending on season, things like that. Those issues can be addressed in a different way.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

AFAIK the dev has abandoned his project, maybe someone can resume his work. I also have much hope in the project from @fs1

Simbol is working on a AI management program like this but its certainly not an easy task so may be a while.  

• Like 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

The scanning for subset data is going to save time if for example the result data is read over the network. That's quick these days, but I'm not so sure this kind of program is better to network. The main work is probably best done on the same PC. Assign an exe a couple of free cores or cores of the background tasks, to keep it off the cores with the main tasks. Let Windows caching do the work..

Edited by SteveW

10 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Simbol is working on a AI management program like this but its certainly not an easy task so may be a while.  

Clearly it's not easy as no-one in my eyes has beaten a 4-year old, freeware program that is no longer supported.

My dream is to see a continuous stream of 4 or 5 aircraft on long finals at dusk / night, with appropriate spacing between them, land and taxi off the runway without causing issues for the following aircraft.
Even better would be for some departures to be slotted in for a 'behind landing [type], line-up runway XX, behind,...' instruction while a landed aeroplane is still on the active.

Help us, @simbol. You're our only hope (in P3D).

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It's not a difficult task, watch IF's AI Buddy. The problem is time.

aibuddy1.jpg

Edited by SteveW

11 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I will.. I am almost there releasing AILRP, then news about controlling AI to achieve what you described and what my plans are will be available.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Clearly it's not easy as no-one in my eyes has beaten a 4-year old, freeware program that is no longer supported.

My dream is to see a continuous stream of 4 or 5 aircraft on long finals at dusk / night, with appropriate spacing between them, land and taxi off the runway without causing issues for the following aircraft.
Even better would be for some departures to be slotted in for a 'behind landing [type], line-up runway XX, behind,...' instruction while a landed aeroplane is still on the active.

We are working on an overhaul of the ATC/AI default system.

The addon will feature: correct airport/air AI spacing, AI holds for default ATC, delays, customizable assignment of runwyas, among others. The project is in development

Edited by fs1
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Federico Sucari

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I will.. I am almost there releasing AILRP, then news about controlling AI to achieve what you described and what my plans are will be available.

Soon with AI control, rather than 'soon™'? None of us are getting any younger...😄
Looking forward to hearing what will be coming our way.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

32 minutes ago, simbol said:

Regards,

Simbol 

Didn't i read anywhere you're in touch with fs1 and AIG to get all your AI magic together?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

12 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Didn't i read anywhere you're in touch with fs1 and AIG to get all your AI magic together?

I am not in touch with FS1 for such things, instead I am in direct contact with LM developers and I am requesting constantly more improvements to the P3D SDK which would allow better control of AI without the use of hacks or unsupported / undocumented solutions that could potentially affect the stability of the simulator.

However I am very close to Kay and Chris (Developers of AIGM-OCI), we do share lots of information, we skype and chat very often in order to make our individual products compatible and better and it is not uncommon for us to share source code either, we do help each other the best way possible :wink:.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 3

The more the merrier.

• Like 1

Incidentally, IF traffic is already totally compatible with those programs. The interjection of traffic and resume is doable without hacks, needs thinking outside the box. I'm not putting IF to work on that, but it has been on the list for a long time. Instead I'm looking into flight assist and accessibility for now.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am not in touch with FS1 for such things, instead I am in direct contact with LM developers and I am requesting constantly more improvements to the P3D SDK which would allow better control of AI without the use of hacks or unsupported / undocumented solutions that could potentially affect the stability of the simulator.

However I am very close to Kay and Chris (Developers of AIGM-OCI), we do share lots of information, we skype and chat very often in order to make our individual products compatible and better and it is not uncommon for us to share source code either, we do help each other the best way possible :wink:.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Thats great because the injection of AI into the sim around high traffic areas like London, NYC, LA, Chicago, etc are causing the sim to stutter while the sim deletes and adds aircraft in the reality bubble.  I love AI but stability would be a great perk if we can get both.   Thanks!

• Like 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

These programs scan the AI around and react to that and introduce new behaviour.

These transactions on the loopback are more efficient than across the network to a node.

Use programs that display something, on another node if we prefer.

Those addon programs that do a lot, in the background. Perhaps a traffic exe, put those on at least two cores away from the primary cores of the simulator.