Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

P3D 4.6

3 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Biggest clue will be when Pete Dowson plans his vacation.  That is when P3D release will be imminent.

Pete when is your next vacation planned?

Pete has handed FSUIPC5 over to his son John. John does the majority of support with Pete taking a lesser role.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, TurboKen said:

What is the ORBX global issue?

My vote is probably a 4.6 also...

P3D V5 will be released in the same time frame as MS2020... Just my guess

I don't think Microsoft know the release date of MSFS that will depend on how the beta testing goes and that's like asking how long is a piece of string. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, TurboKen said:

What is the ORBX global issue?

He might mean the Orbx Central thing (?).  Don't be an early-adopter (wink wink)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

During testing of Orbx Central 4 a bug was discovered on p3d not being able to read global textures installed outside the sim root directory even though it installs correctly.  There is a weird bug which only LM can fix and both of them are working on it.

I am betting that when LM releases the next patch or upgrade - Orbx Central will get a huge bugfix update too.  I am waiting for that bugfix.

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

On 9/6/2019 at 12:23 PM, Skywolf said:

Right now the navaids change is from FSaerodata.

Chances could be slim for 4.xxx to have these changes but v5 could be whole new sim with everything different.

That would be good. Besides XP11, MSFS2020 should provide good competition to keep LM on its toes, hopefully.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

3 October at 1433 UTC..........

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:36 AM, Skywolf said:

During testing of Orbx Central 4 a bug was discovered on p3d not being able to read global textures installed outside the sim root directory even though it installs correctly

Can you point me into an official statement about this?  I find it odd as I am using global textures logical replacement (installed outside the sim) and it is working without problems with all the current versions of P3D.

I even re-tested it last night (Including the Beta and non Beta versions of P3D), all good..

Maybe it is a specific bug, or a different one? Must be some confusion going on..

Regards,

Simbol 

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Can you point me into an official statement about this?  I find it odd as I am using global textures logical replacement (installed outside the sim) and it is working without problems with all the current versions of P3D.

I even re-tested it last night (Including the Beta and non Beta versions of P3D), all good..

Maybe it is a specific bug, or a different one? Must be some confusion going on..

Regards,

Simbol 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/178753-orbx-central-v4010-released/

Mentioned here, but I'm sure I've read it more than once.

"Global openLC fallback texture location
We are still working with Lockheed Martin on this issue. In the meantime, if your copy of Orbx Global BASE is installed in the simulator (i.e., not in a "library"), then you will not experience this issue."

Edited by Paul Golding

Cheers

Paul Golding

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Regards,

Simbol 

Hi Simbol,

It is even mentioned here - see Global openLC Fallback Section

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/179512-orbx-central-v4012-released-for-fastlane-users/

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

22 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Hi Simbol,

It is even mentioned here - see Global openLC Fallback Section

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/179512-orbx-central-v4012-released-for-fastlane-users/

Thanks, so it is only related to OpenLC.. this must be something very specific as I am not having these problems with my add-on at all.

S.

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

??? what is this 

His prediction of when P3D v4.6 will be released.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

31 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I just updated for 4.5 a few days ago. I can wait 🙂

I wiped out my pcie-m.2 for the next update - lol.  I want to do another clean build of Prepar3d.  Need the update!!!

Right now enjoying fsx with dx-10 Fixer 4.0 with cloud addon - slightly better than p3dv3.4 lol