Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

P3D 4.6

It is necessary to load the video card with work. This will be a significant update.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

"Yes" what? Content, Client or Scenery?

Client.

• Like 1

Like others, I am a little careful about MSFS 2020.  I have invested so much into LM, that I doubt I would want to spend even a portion of that dressing up the new sim.  Also where I live in Aus we have lousy internet download speeds, so I might be consigned to a lesser off-line version.  Yes, yes, I know this is all speculation as MS extends its brilliant wait and see marketing strategy, but I am feeling exhausted at the thought of new everything again.

Consequently I look forward to v4.6 or v5 whenever it or they arrive.

Unless MS really forces LM to stop supplying to users like us.  Ain't it fun.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ian McPhail said:

Like others, I am a little careful about MSFS 2020.  I have invested so much into LM, that I doubt I would want to spend even a portion of that dressing up the new sim.  Also where I live in Aus we have lousy internet download speeds, so I might be consigned to a lesser off-line version.  Yes, yes, I know this is all speculation as MS extends its brilliant wait and see marketing strategy, but I am feeling exhausted at the thought of new everything again.

You”ll be the first to switch to MS2020....

Nothing comes close to the vids and screenshots of the default version...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 hours ago, Ian McPhail said:

I am continuing to add and build my payware collection for P3D regardless of what MAFS2020 brings!

I’ll be completely surprised if Microsoft allows completely free reign in the payware arena especially with an Xbox version coming as well!  Somehow I assume they will have some type of MS store to by all addons through that will be certified etc...

Anyway plan on staying w LM indefinitely!

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Chris Camp

i also skipped FSX.  FS9 straight to P3DV4 for me.  I'm in no hurry to move on, but will move on when the time is right this time.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

but will move on when the time is right this time.  

Correct

The more I think about FS2020 the less I’m inclined to switch to it. As I fly a 737 views of admittedly nice looking scenery will be fleeting as I climb up to high altitude. And all that scenery will in all probability be streamed with unknown fps and system requirements. All the following will be useless for some time, perhaps a very long time:-

ChasePlane, GoFlight units, PMDG737, Active Sky, ASCA, EFB, FSUIPC, AIG Ai, LNM, GSX, Pollypot software, Radar Contact and a multitude of airports around the world.

The only possibility of me entertaining it is if FSL do a Concorde for that sim only but even then I would have to think long and hard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

P3Dv4 has at least another year (probably 2 years) left on my hard drive.
I will continue to enjoy the 'incremental' improvements that LM have given us, should the rumoured v4.6 come to fruition. We might be surprised by what LM brings to the table for the next point release, as the arrival of PBR was quite unexpected for a point release. That, the photoreal ground tile size and scenery draw distance increases in v4.4 being the most notable improvements for me.

The leap from FS9 to P3D v4.0 was already huge, let alone compared to v4.5 now.
However, it *appears* that a leap of similar proportions exists between P3D and MSFS.
I will very likely move across to the new sim to enjoy the photo scenery and improved flight dynamics as I find myself tiring of the world of obvious repeating landclass textures and acceptable, rather than good performance.

Orbx's TrueEarth was supposed to be the game changer so that I could spend a lot more time flying low and slow VFR.
From the MS teaser videos, TE is now last year's prom date and I have found my new crush.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

13 minutes ago, F737NG said:

From the MS teaser videos, TE is now last year's prom date and I have found my new crush.

LOL....I would keep that phone number for last years prom date for a while if I were you!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

ORBx TrueEarth GB will still be a game changer for me in P3D. Even with all of those 3DM files disabled, TrueEarth GB South is still a massive improvement over the Horizon photoscenery that has (admittedly) served me well over the past decade. I really can't wait for GB Central and GB North to be released for P3D. I just hope that they manage to source higher resolution terrain mesh for Scotland than they did for the XPlane version of TrueEarth GB North. The problem with releasing a product with 30 metre resolution mesh is that all of the objects (including custom landmarks) will be positioned to fit in that mesh.....and 30 metres is nowhere near good enough for a country like Scotland.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

new beta for AS4 has been released with 4.5 compatibility updates on change log?  , perhaps a sign that 4.6 is near 

With all the excitement that m$ have created, I have to say my interest in P3d is in decline 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kand said:

With all the excitement that m$ have created, I have to say my interest in P3d is in decline 

I have to say, mine too.  Sadly.  Although, no time to fly lately anyway

Well...MSFS beta isn't just started yet and has no planned timeframe, and some folks have already lose interest.

Too funny. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1