Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

P3D 4.6

On 9/18/2019 at 1:55 PM, Christopher Low said:

ORBx TrueEarth GB will still be a game changer for me in P3D. Even with all of those 3DM files disabled, TrueEarth GB South is still a massive improvement over the Horizon photoscenery that has (admittedly) served me well over the past decade. I really can't wait for GB Central and GB North to be released for P3D. I just hope that they manage to source higher resolution terrain mesh for Scotland than they did for the XPlane version of TrueEarth GB North. The problem with releasing a product with 30 metre resolution mesh is that all of the objects (including custom landmarks) will be positioned to fit in that mesh.....and 30 metres is nowhere near good enough for a country like Scotland.

Whereas I have no wish to spoil your fun confining your interests to the UK with ORBX True Earth GB, it has to be said that the land mass of the UK is small by comparison with Europe let alone the rest of the world. It seems prohibitively impossible to do justice to the whole planet with the same technology that we, let's face it, occasionally struggle with today even with the best efforts of ORBX. We need radical change in the way that the world is portrayed and delivered to the sim which MSFS may well deliver for us all. Whether or not LM will rise to the challenge with a worthy contender to Microsoft's offering remains to be seen. But as we are going at the moment, we are only really being delighted by a well-produced experience of a mere fraction of the Earth's scenery which, continuing at the present rate of development and with the current ESP-based software, could take many years to cover more significant landmasses than we are currently experiencing (I for one think ORBX's Honolulu is brilliant, but let's face it Hawaii is but a dot on the planet compared with Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas). 

Edited by LecLightning56
  • Upvote 2

For me, I like to fly commercial style aircraft into and out of places I have visited.

While Asian Terrain and landclass has been poorly represented in FSX and P3dv4 by 3rd party developers, maybe this will change with MS2020 ??

If this is something that will be available in greater detail, and the built in aircraft offer in depth systems (or alternative P3dV4.x aircraft can be ported relatively cheaply), then I for one will be considering this as a purchase.

Edited by ray hughes

Seems to me...  LM releases P3D updates every May and November timeframe.  4.6 coming in November, perhaps?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

6 hours ago, jordanal said:

Seems to me...  LM releases P3D updates every May and November timeframe.  4.6 coming in November, perhaps?

So you think they will go from 4.5 straight to 4.8 ? ...  🤨

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

14 hours ago, kand said:

new beta for AS4 has been released with 4.5 compatibility updates on change log?  , perhaps a sign that 4.6 is near 

??? That beta has been out for months. How does HiFi's 4.5 update indicate 4.6 is near ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

??? That beta has been out for months. How does HiFi's 4.5 update indicate 4.6 is near ?

The newest one is 7205 which was released two days ago.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

Released 23/09/19, I guess the point I am making is why would the latest beta add 4.5 compatibility updates when AS4 has been compatible with 4.5 since at or around release. 

Edited by kand

Understood, thanks guys. I thought it was the previous one. My bad lol

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Guys..

The wait is over... P3D 4.5 HF2 is out.. https://prepar3d.com/news/2019/09/115750/

Enjoy..

S.

Simbol: Das this mean now all 3.Party Addons must be updated (Chaseplane, AS16, ASP4, GSX, PMDG, QW, REX EF, REX SF, etc.? Or as it is a hotfix within the Version 4."5" it will not be necessary?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Simbol: Das this mean now all 3.Party Addons must be updated (Chaseplane, AS16, ASP4, GSX, PMDG, QW, REX EF, REX SF, etc.? Or as it is a hotfix within the Version 4."5" it will not be necessary?

Any add-on that stick to P3D SDK procedures would not need to be updated as it will work without problems. I posted a list on my private forums for example.

However there are some add-on's that use custom techniques to implement features that go beyond current P3D SDK functionality or for other reasons, and such add-ons will need to be updated. Some examples are GTN complete from F1, EZDOK, some Hi-Fi products, etc.

However many of these developer monitor closely and stay in touch with LM developers and will be producing updates rather quickly.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Is there anything in this HF that makes it worth updating??? just read the release notes and nothing really stands out for me

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kand said:

Is there anything in this HF that makes it worth updating??? just read the release notes and nothing really stands out for me

Yes.. lots of things! for once AFCAD files can now be configured for correct runways configurations... this is going to be big with airport add-on's!!

Another issue resolved is related to land class objects, which would allow ORBX 4.0 control panel to work correctly :wink:.

Many developers have been waiting for this HF2 in order to address problems with their add-on's or to include new features, so you can expect having 4.5 HF2 installed in order to run all well know add-on's very shortly.. 

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Upvote 2

I find the whole update thing confusing.  I'm pretty much brand new to P3d.  Never had a hotfix before.  Do I just do the client?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

26 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

GSX was never dependent from the exact simulator build in P3D.

• Upvote 1