Sign in to follow this  
StewartH

C441 and MU-2 crash P3Dv4.5hf

I would like to stay current with P3Dv4.5hf, but unfortunately, both these aircraft crash the sim.  We can't get past the load up screen.  And I have current versions of both aircraft:  2.3a and 2.5.  What'll I do?

Thanks,

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

23 hours ago, StewartH said:

I would like to stay current with P3Dv4.5hf, but unfortunately, both these aircraft crash the sim.  We can't get past the load up screen.  And I have current versions of both aircraft:  2.3a and 2.5.  What'll I do?

Thanks,

Stew

To start with you need to make sure you have the latest versions of the Rex WX radar and GTN 650/750 if you are using those addons.  Older versions will cause CTDs.

Al

Thanks, Al.  I thought that might be the problem, so updated the GTN 650/750 to v2.12 (I think it is).  The Rex WX radar I'm not so sure of, so I'll check. Do you recall the version number of the latest WX radar?

Stew

Stew

14 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Thanks, Al.  I thought that might be the problem, so updated the GTN 650/750 to v2.12 (I think it is).  The Rex WX radar I'm not so sure of, so I'll check. Do you recall the version number of the latest WX radar?

Stew

Stew,

I believe the latest  REX WX update is called Technical Update 7, 21 May19, final build # 1.1.2019.5014. If you look in the Win10 Program and Features under the Control Panel, that build # should be shown in the Version column for the WX Adavantage Radar listing.

Al

Edited by ark

13 minutes ago, ark said:

Stew,

I believe the latest  REX WX update is called Technical Update 7, 21 May19, final build # 1.1.2019.5014. If you look in the Win10 Program and Features under the Control Panel, that build # should be shown in the Version column for the WX Adavantage Radar listing.

Al

Thanks, Al.  I just found the newest update on the REX webpage, and it is indeed the version you state above.  So I should be good to go.  Thanks again.

Stew

Stew

To add to the discussion.  I successfully updated the WX radar to Technical Update 7.  However, the C441 and the MU-2 both crashed the sim, so deleted the WX radar entirely from my system, and now both aircraft load with no problems, as well as the modified version of the Carenado Cheyenne II done by Bill Hamil.  I suspect I perhaps had a corrupted version of the T U 7, but no matter, I will fly without it, if it's going to cause these kinds of problems.

Thanks for your help Al.  It's not the fault of the aircraft, it appears, but a faulty version of the WX radar.

Stew

Stew

1 hour ago, StewartH said:

To add to the discussion.  I successfully updated the WX radar to Technical Update 7.  However, the C441 and the MU-2 both crashed the sim, so deleted the WX radar entirely from my system, and now both aircraft load with no problems, as well as the modified version of the Carenado Cheyenne II done by Bill Hamil.  I suspect I perhaps had a corrupted version of the T U 7, but no matter, I will fly without it, if it's going to cause these kinds of problems.

Thanks for your help Al.  It's not the fault of the aircraft, it appears, but a faulty version of the WX radar.

Stew

Stew,

I, and many others I'm sure, have the WX radar installed in both the C441 and MU2 and all works fine (P3Dv4.5). So you might try reinstalling the WX radar since you have already uninstalled it. It that doesn't work, try redownloading the WX radar just in case you ended up with a corrupted copy for some reason.

Al

Edited by ark

3 hours ago, ark said:

Stew,

I, and many others I'm sure, have the WX radar installed in both the C441 and MU2 and all works fine (P3Dv4.5). So you might try reinstalling the WX radar since you have already uninstalled it. It that doesn't work, try redownloading the WX radar just in case you ended up with a corrupted copy for some reason.

Al

Al,

The WX radar worked fine in v4.4 in those aircraft.  In fact, every aircraft that did not have the radar installed worked fine.  That was my first hint.  I'll try your suggestion to reinstall when I get a chance, but for the time being, I can do without it.

Stew

Stew