Sign in to follow this  
oldngray

Scenery cfg error

On startup get error msg  "Scenery.cfg  Invalid Remote Scenery path in Scenery Area.19" Then get Fatal error message and shutdown.  

Have searched for similar problem.  Unable to start FSX.  Bummer

Windows 10 64, ASUS Z590 MB, i5-11600K 4.9 ghz, Samsung 870 1TB, 860 500gb,hynix Gold 1TB SSD's, Corsair LPX 32gb (2x16) DDR4 Memory, EVGA GTX 1070ti, Viewsonic 32" 

It should look like this:  Is yours any different?

[Area.019]
Title=0200 Base
Local=Scenery\0200
Layer=19
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Mine is the same as yours

Windows 10 64, ASUS Z590 MB, i5-11600K 4.9 ghz, Samsung 870 1TB, 860 500gb,hynix Gold 1TB SSD's, Corsair LPX 32gb (2x16) DDR4 Memory, EVGA GTX 1070ti, Viewsonic 32" 

Have you added any new scenery lately that, maybe, you didn't like, so you deleted it from FSX without removing it from the Scenery Library?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Best to install the Scenery Config Editor to get Areas and Layers to match. It will also fix duplicate areas. The problem with the Scenery Config Editor is that it requires Java which is a potential security risk (according to some). Still you can install and fix issues with your scenery.cfg then uninstall Java.  If you need to use the Scenery Config Editor again, just reinstall Java. You can also rename the scenery.cfg to scenery.off, restart fsx and the config will be rebuilt with the default.  If you have scenery addons just copy and paste the entries in the renamed config and paste them in the new config, save and go fly.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I opened Scenery Config Editor, read quite a bit about how to, and am now really confused.  Did not make any changes. 

It shows 241 Areas in total, 199 Areas have errors.  

Text Editor shows, 99 areas missing defaults and 99 Duplicate Area numbers

Don't know where to start.

I opened Scenery Config Editor, read quite a bit about how to, and am now really confused.  Did not make any changes. 

It shows 241 Areas in total, 199 Areas have errors.  

I also renamed as suggested, tried to start got the same error msg and fatal error.

49 minutes ago, oldngray said:

Under Actions tab, look at last option, reset Area/Layers.  Also get rid of the duplicate area numbers by selecting that option too.  Then go to the List tab.  See any Red?  Means these are not linked to any addon scenery.  I deleted those in RED, saved the config, and closed the Scenery Config Editor.  If you find none, then the problems you are having may be fixed. Your default scenery should now be fixed. You want to now make sure all of your addon scenery is placed in the new scenery.cfg (the one rebuilt by restarting FSX). Open the scenery.off config you renamed and copy all of the addon scenery (should be everything above Addon Scenery).  Now, open the new scenery.cfg and paste the addon scenery above the defaults. Save the config.  Open the Scenery Config Editor and make sure the Areas/Layers are in order.  Save.  The problem should now be fixed. My scenery.cfg was corrupt with missing defaults and nothing in order too.  Hope this works for you too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10