Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Wanting to simulate charter airline without flying into LAX area

I know this is silly but hear me out...

If you would have an air charter company flying PC12's etc in California you would normally fly into KSMO/KHHR  and even into LAX in some cases.

In the simulator world, my computer can't handle that area and I don't want to shut off all the graphics when I fly in and out of there.

But at the same time, I'm trying to keep this realistic.

The only way I know would be to "assign" those flights going into those airports (KLAX, KSMO, KHHR, etc.) to "other pilots."

Can you think of any other "stories" to come up with that a charter pilot wouldn't fly into those areas? Could you be assigned say the "outer skirts" area?
This seems a bit hokey but...

Thanks

Ciao!

You're right in that it's very hokey, but since this is all make believe, you can just avoid the area due to an outstanding warrant in LA county.

SNA is a nice base. As are SMX, SBA, and PSP.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Yeah, I've been thinking of KSBA or KPSP

I might go with KPSP since KSBA is close to the water and I'm afraid early mornings would easily fog in.

I could make some runs from KPSP to KVNY, KCNO, KSAN, KSBA, KMRY and then out to KSEZ, KLAS, KPHX, etc.

That could work well, my "hire" could run the stuff into the LAX area.

Ciao!

You'd be arrested on touchdown if you flew into Van Nuys. Jokes aside, it's close enough to LAX that scenery would load and you'd get that poor perf you want to avoid.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Burbank (BUR), Camarillo (CMA), Long Beach (LGB, but it might be too close to the areas that start slowing your computer down), Ontario (ONT), even Oxnard (OXR).