Sign in to follow this  
GreenAviation

Trouble with the RealityXP GTN 750 for X-Plane 11

Hello all,

I purchased the RealityXP GTN 750 for my copy of X-Plane 11 a few months back, I believe around May or June. Everything worked perfectly, and I was really impressed at how well the GTN was working in my sim. But, after using the GTN for a few months, I built a new PC. Of course, building a new PC means reinstalling X-Plane and all of its components, and the GTN was one of those things that needed reinstalled. I downloaded the e-commerce installer off of the RealityXP website, and after some trial and error with resetting my order password, everything worked out well. Or so I thought. When I launched X-Plane to test the GTN (I am using 11.35 by the way), everything appeared normal until I selected "GTN 1" in the plugin menu. The GTN appeared in the aircraft I was using, the Carenado Citation S550, but the screen wasn't powering on. I tried reloading the aircraft, restarting my computer, cycling avionics power on and off, trying the 2D view on the GTN, trying the GTN in other planes, and... nothing. I'm still just getting a black screen. The GTN buttons appear to work though. Now i'm getting reinstall warnings as well because I tried reinstalling the GTN multiple times with no further success. Oh, and when I open the GTN settings window that people were talking about, my game crashes. I would appreciate any help, as my keyboard already has about 10 head-shaped dents in it and i'm now back $50 that I could have possibly used on something else.

Thank you for your time,
-Gavin

Edited by RXP

See what happens when you join AVSIM?  Glad you got it working!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Similar issue. Just purchased GTN750, opened up XP11.36r2 I believe. Opened up my new Carenado Premier 1a. GTN worked beautifully. Opened up Carenado PC12, GTN wouldn't power up. Opened up a few other aircraft, same thing, no power. Went back to the Premier, now it won't power on.

Help, my 10 minutes with this ad-don working was phenomenal;)

It was Mcafee Livesafe AV. I went in and restored the rxpGtnSimxx.dll file and added it (both the 32 and 64 dll's just in case) to my ignore list in Mcafee and shazam;) She's back up and running in all aircraft! GTN750, it's a beautiful thing!!!

BTW, until tonight I had no idea you could use this in ANY aircraft, it will just be a popup in the ones not setup for it , but it still functions beautifully.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 1:49 AM, wobrock said:

it will just be a popup in the ones not setup for it , but it still functions beautifully.

I'm glad you've finally sorted this one out. Anti-virus can be a nuisance from time to time indeed.

As for configuration you can still do wonders within the X-Plane limitations. Of course you might know about the KA350 Mod posted at the x-plane.org website where the author has re-engineered the 3D model to integrate different configurations of the GTN, but you may start looking at other customers mods in our forums:

In addition should you want to start doing your own, there is a tutorial from our GNS V2 which applies equally well to our GTN (although it is easier with the GNS because most aircraft are already having the stock GNS on the 3D cockpit):

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)