Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

"experimental flight model"...

I do not have that many add-ons for XP11, I must confess, but I've long been willing to invest on a few, namely the iXEG 737 and now also the "Take-Command TBM 900".

I wonder if when using these add-ons I can keep that "Experimental flight model" option ticked in the General Settings of XP11( .40 in my case ) ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

go with Zibos 737 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hi Zulfi ( here 🙂

Does the Zibo work with "Experimental flight model" ticked ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

it  should

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

the new laminar experimental flight model is beta and under evolution. Any aircraft that was not extensively tested, recalibrated and fine tuned by its developer to perform under the experimental flight model -and the developer didn't say explicit to enable experimental flight model- will work, but will not perform any close to the manufacturer performance parameters and flying behavior because it was fine tuned to operate under the xplane current flight model.

several aspects of the drag model and lots of stuff will continue to change on upcoming xplane 11.40 experimental flight model. As usual i do not imagine any developer running behind a moving target and updating their commercial products each laminar update release of a beta flight model.

IXEG is not tuned for the experimental flight model, neither the Zibo. Zibo did try to use experimental flight model a few months back and rolled back to current xplane flight model until new flight model improves some aspects and stabilizes. As of today you must not enable EFM for those.

• Like 2

Manuel Merelles

8 hours ago, jcomm said:

Does the Zibo work with "Experimental flight model" ticked ?

Yes and no. It should not break, but the 738's flight model is tuned for the default one. All the experimental model's fancy extra stuff like fuselage interference and such might slightly throw you off numbers.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Ok, 

I did see the Experimental Flight Model mentioned on Zibo's update history, and indeed it's not on the latest updates.

I will try it both ways, just as I did with the UH-1h which says in the documents should be used with default FM, but does actually do some things more plausibly when I enable Experimental in 11.40...

Main Simulation Rig:

The IXEG 737 will "fly" with the new flightmodel, but the performance parameters (drag, lift,...) will not be as precisely tuned to the real 737 as they are with the "old" flightmodel.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1