Sign in to follow this  
RFarmah

Taxi2Gate LFPG Scenery

I recently purchased LFPG from Taxi2Gate, and am noticing that any scenery locations that have a bridge or layers of textures for a hill or slope are see through from some angles. So it appears as is there is no bridge, when there is from another angle. I've noticed this when it comes to bridges on airfields with a few other airports, but none are as bad or unberable with Taxi2Gate's LFPG. I'll attach some photos for better understandings. Is there anything to do that can fix this issue, and I've determined that this is not an FTX or Orbx issue, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-S0XGdB8tHO8ADyeHYI5drMfdBMMmZK2?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Rajan F 

Mesh setting is set to 51, which I believe is about half. 

Level of detail radius: Large

Mesh Complexity: 51

Mesh Resolution: 19

Texture Resolution: 1m

Water effects: Mid 2x

Scenery Complexity: Extremely Dense

Autogen Density: Very Dense

Special Effects: Medium

Also, I just tested setting all of the mesh settings to max, and the problem still persists. I've also experimented with reordering the priority in the add-on scenery section of the settings, but that did not solve the problem either, so I set it back to how the installer did so. 

Hi,

Have you checked that you did not have a previous LFPG scenery installed ? Otherwise your best luck would be to directly contact the developper.

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

I have never installed any other scenery for the area, and I have tried contacting the developer for a few months now, but no luck.

Do you use ORBX Vectors ? Make sure to disable LFPG in AEC.

Check out if you have any AFCADs or anything installed. Otherwise, I think a full uninstall / reinstall is in order.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

After some more testing and research, it looks like maxing our the mesh settings improved the looks, as the textures appear to be more present and “natural” with minimal gaps. The key I believe is that textures settings for mesh and mesh resolution must be maxed, as setting it to even one below max brings the issue back. So as of now, I’m experimenting long haul flights with these new mesh settings, and fingers crossed this is a permanent solution. Thanks all for the helps and support and I shall post back with any updates!