Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

The useless thread

17 minutes ago, Noooch said:

A useless spot in the Sim's main menu, where everyone could put the shortcut they want

I propose a shortcut to close the menu

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

MS Flight had Wet Floor Signs in the PHKO terminal, I suggest in MSFS we have custodians with mops to keep them sparkling terminals and that hanger...uh....um sparkling. 🚮🤡

• Like 1

Smell-o-vision. I want the odor of burning oil wafting into the cockpit from the engines when firing up a DC-3 or a Connie. The smell of Avgas when fueling a turboprop. The scent of an Alpine forest when landing and exiting a helicopter up in the mountains. The smell of my co-pilot farting (or barfing) after a heavy party the night before. So many possibilities for deep immersion, especially in VR... (the following from Wiki)

In 2005, researchers from the University of Huelva developed XML Smell, a protocol of XML that can transmit smells. The researchers also developed a scent-generating device and worked on miniaturising its size.[9] Also in 2005, Thanko launched P@D Aroma Generator, a USB device that comes with 3 different cartridges for different smells.[10]

In 2005, Japanese researchers announced that they are working on a 3D television with touch and smell that would be commercially available on the market by the year 2020.[11]

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

5 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

Fly in the cockpit? Authentic and annoying flying insects. 

Only if it comes with a flypaper hanging from the whiskey compass

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Sunglasses waiting on the pilot seat. If you don't pick them up before you sit down you break them and you are blind by the sun the entire flight.

God, we really need an update...

3 hours ago, rocketlaunch said:

Fly in the cockpit? Authentic and annoying flying insects. 

...It has already been done...:laugh:

Richard

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

2 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

...It has already been done...:laugh:

This is genius

Customised bars and diners for the 3D avatars to visit for refreshments. This could be a global freeware project....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

24 minutes ago, aleex said:

Minibar inside the cockpit

What about a full coffee mug to check your coordination in flying  tight turns ? 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2

Dominique

Bug splats accumulating on the windscreen (not so new), but with the need to clean them off wiping with your mouse pointer for, say, 2 minutes 🙂

A little mirror behind the sun visor (like in a car) where female pilots can check their look (best with a live view from a webcam on your display). Male pilots know without that they're looking cool 🤩

45 minutes ago, meerkat said:

Bug splats accumulating on the windscreen (not so new), but with the need to clean them off wiping with your mouse pointer for, say, 2 minutes 🙂

A little mirror behind the sun visor (like in a car) where female pilots can check their look (best with a live view from a webcam on your display). Male pilots know without that they're looking cool 🤩

Already in use: Aerosoft Diamond DA20-100 Katana (Vacuum cleaner, water bucket, sponges and so)...FSX only.

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

23 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I want to use my Zero Turn. 😆

I requested a John Deere riding mower last month. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator