Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

PMDG and Boeing Manuals (Gone) due to License issue

Hey,

Does anyone know what manuals are missing from 777, 747 and DC6 latest installers?  Apparently one has to find the manuals online now (official support answer - oh man - trust me this is now a gray area).  Boeing changed the licensing, and though there was no announcement from PMDG about this.  If you have your old installers - keep them as they have all the manuals.

I know 737 lost all the manuals - only comes intro and 2 tutorials.

Thanks

Honestly this is super annoying when spending big bucks on these addons to have this happen.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

The links to the manuals are in the Ops Center, if those are the manuals you refer to. 

Dwight Heyer

Yep, I just checked on my side, they are there.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

Actually if you guys download the newest installers (for example - download today and do a clean install) from the site and do a clean install in a sim (for example your sim should not have PMDG directory - let the installer create it - hence the lack of documents will be noticed) - you will see 737 does not have the manuals (even posted a ticket and got an official response).

Trying to figure out what manuals are missing from 777,747 and Dc6

Edited by Skywolf

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Interesting. I did a clean install using the newest installers in August and have all the manuals (FCOM1, FCOM2, FCTM and QRH for the 737; FCOM and QRH for the 747; FCOM and QRH for the 747-8; FCOM1, FCOM2, FCTM and QRH for the 777 - all P3Dv4).

Marc ter Heide

1 hour ago, voske said:

Interesting. I did a clean install using the newest installers in August and have all the manuals (FCOM1, FCOM2, FCTM and QRH for the 737; FCOM and QRH for the 747; FCOM and QRH for the 747-8; FCOM1, FCOM2, FCTM and QRH for the 777 - all P3Dv4).

I will check the p3d installer and see if the manuals are in there.  The FSX PMDG 737 did not have the manuals.  Now it could be removed from the FSX version.

Though I did receive the official word from pmdg though about Boeing changing the license

Edited by Skywolf

Yikes! 

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The original 747-400 version 1 had a manual written by PMDG which you could print of, but now you see the Boeing manual which you are not allowed to print a copy of due to copyright.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

48 minutes ago, rjfry said:

The original 747-400 version 1 had a manual written by PMDG which you could print of, but now you see the Boeing manual which you are not allowed to print a copy of due to copyright.  

Aaaaaannd if you Delete it, redownload newest installer and install, those non printable manuals are now non viewable, non existent.

.....it’s ok though..PMDG..no need to announce anything...

You can just go ahead and lower the price now...oh, um, hold on, no, that won’t happen, will it....

we payed for something that was a whole product and now it is not because half the product is missing.

....you need to search the web... 😂😂😂😂

Buys a Ford...Ford recall vehicle. They remove steering wheel. Give vehicles back.

How am I supposed to drive it?

pmdg’s answer...go looking in the scrap yards for another one.

”but when I bought the vehicle it had a steering wheel, and your update removed it, can I get some compensation for my time required to find a new one? “

😡NO!

GO AWAY!

Luke Pype

Simply unacceptable all around. Particularly having removed them from the installers with no announcement.

One nice thing about the official PMDG forums moving off Avsim is that we can now be honest about stuff like this.

James

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

Aaaaaannd if you Delete it, redownload newest installer and install, those non printable manuals are now non viewable, non existent.

.....it’s ok though..PMDG..no need to announce anything...

You can just go ahead and lower the price now...oh, um, hold on, no, that won’t happen, will it....

we payed for something that was a whole product and now it is not because half the product is missing.

....you need to search the web... 😂😂😂😂

Buys a Ford...Ford recall vehicle. They remove steering wheel. Give vehicles back.

How am I supposed to drive it?

pmdg’s answer...go looking in the scrap yards for another one.

”but when I bought the vehicle it had a steering wheel, and your update removed it, can I get some compensation for my time required to find a new one? “

😡NO!

GO AWAY!

I am one of the lucky ones then Boeing flight operation manual 747-400 1606 pages 747-8 1806 pages. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I too have all the manuals for the 737, 747 and 777. I don't really understand what people are ranting about. Is it because, the manuals are 'missing' from the FSX versions?!

Have you considered posting this in the PMDG forums? 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

I too have all the manuals for the 737, 747 and 777. I don't really understand what people are ranting about. Is it because, the manuals are 'missing' from the FSX versions?!

Hi,

It has been posted in their forums by few other users also - but for some reason those threads got zero traction.  It was posted here also when these were official (quick search will reveal).  It always ended up with phrase - submit ticket to them.

These things happen - it is just that official announcement would have been great - oh well there is youtube/forums (avsim & official pmdg), Chuck's guide to learn from.

Edited by Skywolf

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

apparently  users  that install  the latest  or  have  bought  the  737  77 747   recently wont have  the  manual  only  if  you had  purchased   the  addons  a long  time  ago   as  sky  wolf  has  mentioned  all to do  with licencing

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg