Sign in to follow this  
hs118

WAMA starting aircraft engine

Hi Oliver

For several months, i was using Prepar3d v4.3 with WAMA and the Virtavia T-34C Turbo Mentor aircraft with no odd behaviors or anything out of the ordinary.

This past week, i removed P3D, WAMA, all software related to flightsim to do a fresh install of Prepar3d v4.5. All installs appeared to be ok however....

WAMA is starting the engine on the T-34C even if the aircraft is in a cold and dark state. I have tested this by starting a T-34C scenario without WAMA running and then starting WAMA after full scenario has completed loading. After this engine start occurs in a scenario, if I use WAMA to switch aircraft, the new aircraft has its engine running. 

Things I have tried:

1) Uninstalling and re-installing WAMA (deleting WAMA folder in my docs and ensuring no AV is running).

2) Creating a new scenario based on P3D default, changing only the aircraft to T-34C and ensuring it is in C&D state.

My system specs:

-i7 4790K 

-GTX1080 GPU

-16G RAM

Software

-Windows 10 b1903 (yes the latest)

-Prepar3d 4.5.12.30293

-WAMA 1.17.8.0 July 22, 2019

Is there any logging or other diagnostic information I can gather so you can help me with this problem. 

Thanks for any advice and assistance.

Henry

Hi,

just so I understand correctly:

- You start your sim and load the Mentor
- Then you start WAMA
- and it immediately starts your engine? 

What happens when you start WAMA before the sim, and using Autoconnect?
Do you have any Carenado aircraft in the vicinity parked with WAMA?

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

- You start your sim and load the Mentor
- Then you start WAMA
- and it immediately starts your engine? 

Yes, this is correct.

If WAMA is started first (and configured for autoconnect), as soon as the scenario (either new or loaded from saved) starts with the T-34C, the engine starts.

No Carenado or any other aircraft locations saved at this time.

8 hours ago, yurei said:

Yes, this is correct.

If WAMA is started first (and configured for autoconnect), as soon as the scenario (either new or loaded from saved) starts with the T-34C, the engine starts.

No Carenado or any other aircraft locations saved at this time.

Hi,

very strange. I think that I know what is happening, but I don't know why.

What is happening: WAMA has to deal with a specific event: Carenado aircraft have this (copy protection?) mechanism where a certain simulator event is triggered when you load the external aircraft model. WAMA tries to couteract this, otherwise your engines are turned OFF when you are on approach to an airport where there are Carenado aircraft (=parked with WAMA).

Somehow an unfortunate chain of events seems to trigger this mechanism in your sim. This is entirely possible, because all this is based on standard simulator functionality, there is nothing "tricky" or "sinister" in play.

Please send me an email with proof of purchase and a description of what I need to do to reproduce the issue on my end - as detailed as possible. If it happens to you there must be a way to force this behavior. There is a debug log too, but it can only be activated in my devel environment. The email address is on the last page of the manual.

Best regards 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

10 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

very strange. I think that I know what is happening, but I don't know why.

Oliver,

I will do a little more troubleshooting on my side, specifically about the scenario status. If still not successful, I will email you all the details. 

Stay tuned, and thanks again for your help (and a very cool addon).

Oliver,

Emailed you a package for your logging and testing. Seems like I can make the engine starting happen under any combination of starting scenarios and WAMA start parameters.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Oliver, 

I wanted to publicly thank you for all the help. I am working great now.

Thanks!