Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

Hardware required

Have the hardware requirements been released for the new simulator?

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

28 minutes ago, loop_n_roll said:

Have the hardware requirements been released for the new simulator?

No.

• Upvote 1

xbox or a pc :0

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

I don't imagine we will have any clue to the requirements until well into Beta. To sign up for Alpha you are required to list your hardware which I'm sure will be taken into account in Microsoft's suggested system specs. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Before releasing a 2020 sim made for 2030 hardware they should consider how the times have changed.

13 years ago they had a quasi-monopoly on the market. The only competition was a weakling and themselves with FS9. FS20 will butt heads with a much  more mature XP and a P3D which, fully loaded, is rather good.

Then also, we’ve learnt during that time, playing other games, that fine tuning sliders was a little passé. Sliders ? Shmliders, we barely use them.

More fluff ? Yes.  Requiring dumbing down the sim ? Maybe not.

If FS20 looks for being a new generation of sim, it should work without any problem on today first tier hardware.

If not, after all, in 2030, I’ll be only 80 yo. I could wait.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

With what can be done with GPUs these days, there's little chance they are going to release a CPU bound, performance mess. JMO. 

In a way Yes.  Here are the system requirements from the gamepass for the PC (beta) site.  Note the windows 10 version and GPU.  Why the 150GB drive I don't know.  MS needs to be more specific on this.

OS Windows 10 (v. 1903 or higher required for many games)
Processor Intel Core i5-8300H; AMD Ryzen 5 3550H
GPU NVIDIA GTX 1050; AMD Radeon RX 560
Memory 8GB RAM, 3GB VRAM
Storage 150GB
DirectX® DirectX 12 API
Monitor

1080p