Sign in to follow this  
sb7767

Unusable FPS

I have recently wanted to start using the sim as a hobby. I have recently purchased Orbx south England and global. I have also purchased Active sky and Tomatoshade, i am looking to purchase more addons in the future. I attempted to use the sim after downloading the addons and i have had a ridiculously bad frame rate to where it is unusable atm. I am using the sim on my Alienware 17 gaming laptop so it should be running fine but i cannot run it to a usable rate. If anybody knows of anyway to solve this please let me know as i love using P3D and would hate to stop using it for an unknown reason and i want to continue build with the addons but i can't until i fix this.

what are your computer specs?  A laptop could be too weak for the full P3d experience. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

PC Specs? 

Adjust graphic settings...very few machines can run max settings.  Move all to midline, and adjust from there.  You could also youtube "best p3d settings 2019" and check out the many videos on what works for others.

Orbx TE South England?

That is likely the performance killer.. try using its control panel and dial back on as much detail as possible!

Bert

36 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Orbx TE South England?

That is likely the performance killer.. try using its control panel and dial back on as much detail as possible!

If the problems are related to TE GB South rather than other settings or PC specs, then the control panel won't do much to improve things at the moment.
The performance killer is the now infamous FTX_GBS_3DM_*.bgl files in the folder FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY\scenery. Rename them to .OFF

Otherwise IIRC, the only other control that creates any notable improvement is by moving the 'Scenery complexity' slider to Sparse. This has a similar effect to renaming the above files to .OFF as it removes some of them.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

11 hours ago, sb7767 said:
I have recently wanted to start using the sim as a hobby. I have recently purchased Orbx south England and global. I have also purchased Active sky and Tomatoshade, i am looking to purchase more addons in the future. I attempted to use the sim after downloading the addons and i have had a ridiculously bad frame rate to where it is unusable atm. I am using the sim on my Alienware 17 gaming laptop so it should be running fine but i cannot run it to a usable rate. If anybody knows of anyway to solve this please let me know as i love using P3D and would hate to stop using it for an unknown reason and i want to continue build with the addons but i can't until i fix this.

Specs: 

Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q design with 8GB GDDR5

Display: 17.3 inch QHD (2560 x 1440) 120Hz TN+WVA Anti-Glare 400-nits Display

5 hours ago, sb7767 said:

Specs: 

Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q design with 8GB GDDR5

Display: 17.3 inch QHD (2560 x 1440) 120Hz TN+WVA Anti-Glare 400-nits Display

Processor speed? type of hard disk?

A quick check on Google seems to indicate that the i7-8750H is a six core processor that has a base clock speed of 2.2Ghz, and a turbo mode of up to 4.1Ghz.....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

A quick check on Google seems to indicate that the i7-8750H is a six core processor that has a base clock speed of 2.2Ghz, and a turbo mode of up to 4.1Ghz.....

Could be some power management settings that are keeping the processor from flexing its muscle all the way.

Edited by yurei