Sign in to follow this  
troybilt

PC aviator no response after weeks of attempts

I have purchased maybe 50 items from PC aviator over the last 15 years or more. I have NEVER had any problems till now. I purchased the CH-47D From them weeks ago. Something was wrong with the files and it does not work. I have tried calling " which has not always been to easy". Sometimes a recording and the last week.... NOTHING??? I have emailed them several times. I preferred to have a fix, but now for ethical purposes I have been requesting a refund with NO RESPONSE. Maybe something "NOT GOOD" has happened that they are dealing with. I suggested in one email if ANYONE is there PLEASE leave something on the answer machine or anything so we have an idea...NOTHING???

IF ANYONE knows what is going on, for there sake could you post it, Thanks so much

Forgot to mention that this is the United States PC Aviator in South Carolina. I noticed someone having problems with the Australia PC aviator in the same way. I could not tell the POST date as it did not have the year. I think it was recent. I did ask if they went bankrupt or are going out of business??? NO RESPONSE

Forgot an important detail. The phone message machine worked fine to leave messages weeks ago, now it rings 20 times and then a message something like the " the phone number no longer works". In any case there phone number is no longer operative. Indicating I think there is a good chance they folded up shop???

14 minutes ago, troybilt said:

now it rings 20 times and then a message something like the " the phone number no longer works".

I just tried calling the number on their website.  It did ring many times however the message was, "Your party is not answering.  Your call will now be terminated."

Kind of scary since I bought a lot of products from them. Customer service has never existed in this company but I've never had any problems.

Darryl

1 minute ago, SP2472 said:

Kind of scary since I bought a lot of products from them. Customer service has never existed in this company but I've never had any problems.

Darryl

I actually had received good customer service from them via email about 1-1/2 years ago. They were having a sale on the Warthog Hotas stick/throttle which I purchased for about $150 off regular price. When it arrived the stick wasn’t working so I emailed them and got a reply within 30 minutes apologizing and with instructions to send it back for a refund. 

Hard to say what’s going on with them these day though. Seems like a few flight sim retailers lately are having a hard time keeping the doors open and responding to customer service.

Seems like it’s always best to purchase direct from the manufacturer if possible.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There have been BBB complaints filed against PC Aviator since 2016. Most have to do with poor customer service. 

I recommend before you purchase from an old  line vendor check them out  with Google and do a search here on Avsim. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Ya'll do know that a hurricane just went up the east coast of the U.S. and Loris, S.C. is just about 30 miles north of Myrtle Beach, S.C.? I don't know, but I'm guessing that there's a lot of problems utilities and such all along the coast. 

Never thought about the hurricane. Sure hope it did not damage their property, business or their livelihood. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

2 hours ago, sedew said:

Ya'll do know that a hurricane just went up the east coast of the U.S. and Loris, S.C. is just about 30 miles north of Myrtle Beach, S.C.? I don't know, but I'm guessing that there's a lot of problems utilities and such all along the coast. 

My son is at The Citadel in Charleston SC. No issues from Hurricane Dorian. Im heading there tomorrow to visit this week. I live in FL and again no issues from Hurricane Dorian. In today’s day an age phones can be forwarded. This appears to be just poor customer service. 

Have zero response from emails sent year's ago. Funny, I still get emails saying ...we noticed you haven't bought anything so here is a discount voucher blah blah

I don't think so !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ZORAN

I got the usual taco Tuesday notification yesterday so they must be still in business.

Vic green

YES!!! got the Tuesday discount notice. There equipment works so I would assume there office equipment works. There internet works. There ability to accept money works????? Once again what has happened. After all these years I will stop my purchasing from them till the last issue at LEAST gets responded to.

I’ve bought a fair amount of software from them over the years and would agree they’re terrible at answering emails. Sometimes the Aussie branch chips in here to help.

But the website still works and I can get access to my orders. I haven’t had the email offering 10% off recently but the discount is still available on Tuesdays.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 9/10/2019 at 4:49 PM, troybilt said:

I purchased the CH-47D From them weeks ago.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:52 PM, SP2472 said:

Darryl

I have never had any problems sending an e-mail to their support and receiving a reply in 1-2 days.  I know that they do not provide support for the products they sell (unless it cannot be downloaded for some reason), just like SimMarket and others do not.  The support is provided by the respective developer.  If you buy a product from PC Aviator and other FS Stores like Aerosoft, please contact the vendor of the product.  In this case that could be NEMETH DESIGNS, MILVIZ or VIRTAVIA and they will tell you how to properly install the product.  You can even provide them with your registration key or proof of purchase as they are instantly notified of the purchase so they can provide support.  The CH-47D is a very popular product.

I have had problems with PC Aviators Megascenery products in the past, especially those that were just released.  One or two of the files downloaded were corrupted.  The site provides contact info and I used that to contact the owner and advise him of the problem.  The replacements would mostly be available for download the same day.

Edited by Jim Young

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10