Sign in to follow this  
troybilt

PC aviator no response after weeks of attempts

Sadly I've never had particularly good luck getting post sale support from them on things such as version updates. Seemed to take 3-4 weeks for updates to be loaded to their site for download. Thankfully a lot of 3rd parties offer updates directly from their own site these days, but that wasn't the case a couple of years ago. Emails to PC Aviator's support went largely unanswered for me. I gave up and found better alternatives.

Oh, but you better believe I still get promotional emails every week from them saying "Hey, we haven't heard from you in a while. Don't know if you are still into simming, but here's 10% off..." despite unsubscribing from their junk mail multiple times. The irony...

Chris

9 hours ago, snglecoil said:

them on things such as version updates.

This is the fault of the developer not PC Aviator.  Whenever you hear about an update, check the developer's site and maybe the update can be downloaded from there.  You can also go to your account and go to the CH-47D product you purchased.  Downloading it again may be the updated version.  Do not wait for PC Aviator to let you know about the update.  They are usually fast in sending you an e-mail about the update but sometimes it can take a few days.  My understanding is they have a portal for the developer to upload the new update and then notify PC Aviator the product has been updated.  I see on the MILVIZ site that the latest version is 1.03.  Checking the CH-47D product on the PC Aviator site shows they have the 1.03 version so the just go to your account like I mentioned above and download.  One of the reasons PC Aviator does not respond to your e-mails is that they have instructions on the site to download your product again.  They do not have time to be answering questions easily found on their site.

9 hours ago, snglecoil said:

despite unsubscribing from their junk mail multiple times.

Uh, this may be the reason why you are not receiving e-mails for version updates.

Again, I have had issues with them before but did some research on their site and found that my questions were already answered somewhere on their site.  This may be the reason you never received a response from them.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Troybilt again. Jim, to your suggestion I emailed to" support Nemeth Designs" with my receipt from PC Aviator and briefly told about my difficult in reaching PC Aviator and that I have Called them for YEARS with no problems. I told them if in anyway they could help I would appreciate it as it WAS my B-day present.

Happy Birthday!  Nemeth Designs coordinated with MILVIZ in the development of this helicopter.  The MILVIZ version states:  " MilViz in association with Nemeth Designs, are pleased to offer the CH-47D Chinook.! The CH-47D depicted in this package is a highly detailed replica of its real-life counterpart. So the Nemeth Designs version may not be complete.  It is around $15 and the MILVIZ is around $29.  Both the MILVIZ and Nemeth Design versions are at 1.03.  I looked at both product descriptions and saw there was no requirement for both products.  Strange...

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

42 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

This is the fault of the developer not PC Aviator. 

Negative, sir. They were Carenado planes updated for XP-10 back when they updated all their planes to v1.3 or whatever it was. Carenado confirmed that the updates were sent. Other retailers had them available within a day or two. PC Aviator took weeks and ignored email inquiries. 

And be for the record, I unsubscribed from their junk mail within the last year...years after purchasing anything from them.

• Upvote 1

Chris

Okay, read your posts again and you are complaining about PC Aviator too but not about the CH-47D but a Carenado aircraft.  So I got confused.  So I deleted my last post saying you were hijacking the topic/OP.  Sorry about that!  I have already stated my reasons for not receiving responses to e-mails from PC Aviator so will not regurgitate any of that.  PC Aviator does not provide support for Carenado products so reason for no response.  They are just a store that helps other developers sell their products.  You must send an e-mail to Carenado support.  Whoops!  Regurgitated some of my other responses...

Edited by Jim Young

Submit News to AVSIM

I have been trying to contact the Australian store through their ticket system and phone for over a week now due to many of my products download links being no longer available without any success.

Edited by knocks

Back again. Nemeth designs contacted me the very next day with new links. They asked me to try them and see if they worked. I think it was on a Friday?? that I installed them but there was no change and the  " no visual model" sign appeared again. I emailed them, but of course its the weekend. So, thanks Jim and wanted to post this as a confirmation on contacting the creator of the aircraft. Also on a note. Pc Aviator sent me upgrades to Milviz and other aircraft as they were made available without fail over the years. One time I called Mark at PC aviator to ask about an upgrade and within the hour he had sent me a link. So its still a mystery what has happened at PC Aviator. Tried a phone call just minutes ago and there phone is still shut-off. Its hard to imagine but PC aviator has been in business for 29 years!

4 hours ago, troybilt said:

that I installed them but there was no change and the  " no visual model" sign appeared again

I still think you need the MILVIZ model to make it all work.  Never heard of an CH-47D going for $15.

Submit News to AVSIM

5 hours ago, troybilt said:

Tried a phone call just minutes ago and there phone is still shut-off. Its hard to imagine but PC aviator has been in business for 29 years!

Several years ago they had a support forum on their site and people were asking for support there for products they did not develop.  I remembered I use to respond to some of the off-topic topics and then, suddenly, the forums were gone.  If you have a billing problem where, for instance, you were charged twice for the same product, they will respond.  They have always responded to my request for support regarding Megascenery in that some of the downloads were corrupted and I brought it to their attention.  They don't have a huge room full of operators like at Macy's to answer your questions about one of the products they sell in the store.  I would be shocked if anyone was able to reach them telephonically but I have heard some people have gotten through. 

Submit News to AVSIM

Just tried there phone number a few minutes ago, Monday 9-23-19 which is not working. I did not get a second response from Nemeth after I told them THEIR link did the same thing. I tried getting a refund "email" from PC aviator with no response. It has been over a week. I was going to take the refund and use it to buy the Milviz CH-47 from their site. Oh well..........First time I have lost money in 20 years of flight simming, NOT BAD.

JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM PC AVIATOR, to complicated to explain so here it is

PC Aviator - The Flight Simulation Company! (crew@pcaviator.com)To:you Details Slideshow

PC Aviator - The Flight Simulation Company! crew@pcaviator.comHide
To  
Cc  
Bcc  
Slideshow

IF YOU HAVE BEEN LEFT STRANDED BY YOUR FLIGHT SIM RETAILER GOING
OUT OF BUSINESS, WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU REDOWNLOAD YOUR
PURCHASES IF YOU NEED TO.

Hi " my name"

We are sending this e-mail out to all customers who have ever done business
with PC Aviator. It is especially intended for customers who over the years chose
to do business with other new flight sim companies that have cropped up in the
internet era when setting up a flight sim store is as easy as setting up a website.

Unfortunately many customers who did do business with these other stores have
seen recently that a number of these pop-ups have gone entirely out of business.
It is truly unfortunate since it means that you have lost all of your order histories
and purchases from these stores. Your records and purchases have disappeared
into the ether. 100% stability in a company is critical these days with most software
being sold via download. Unless you made backup copies and kept your own
records of your license numbers, you are left stranded.

I want to make a specific point to remind you that PC Aviator was established in 1990
and we are now in our 30th year of business of selling flight sims. We started business
before the internet in the days that you had to have a solid bricks and mortar business.
We have been around longer than any other company selling flight sims. We have seen
these pop up companies come and go while they took a number of our customers with them.
We actually feel for you if you have indeed lost your order histories and ability to redownload
your products.

We are here to help you in the event that you might need to redownload products that
you have purchased from other vendors that you no longer have access to.

If you are stuck and need to redownload a product that you purchased from one of
these other companies that has gone out of business, please contact us at crew@pcaviator.com.
Send us a copy of your original invoice from the other  company as proof of purchase
(PDF or an image of the invoice) and any license numbers that might apply and if it is
a product that we have available in our store, we will provide you with a download link
so that you can redownload your software.

We ask that you only contact us by e-mail at crew@pcaviator.com and we also ask that
you give us around 72 hours to attend to your request.

Please note that we will only be able to do this with any products that we currently sell or
have previously sold where we have had the files available.

If you did leave us to do business with other companies that ended up going out of business,
we would love to have you back as a loyal customer. We will be equally loyal to you and
provide you with the best quality of service possible.

Just some of the benefits of ordering your flight sim products from PC Aviator are

1. You have PERMANENT ACCESS TO YOUR DOWNLOADS and order history so not only
is there NO CHARGE to redownload, we don't need to do any resetting, you can redownload as
much as you like at no charge.

2. We automatically notify you of any updates to your software and all you need to do to
reinstall is to download from your original link

3. Our servers are state of the art and you will download as fast as your connection will allow.
Our uptime is 99.999%. If our servers would ever go down, alarms go off and expert technicians
usually have them back up within just a few minutes. 99.999% reliability, all of the time!
We have to be in order to serve what is sometimes 2 Tb of data per day. That's a lot of data
for a small company.

4. Support reqests to crew@pcaviator.com answered within 24 hours, always! If you don't
get an autoresponder acknowledgement, then resend. It means your message did not come
through to us.

So if you are stuck right now with a redownload needed, go ahead and contact us at
crew@pcaviator.com with your proof of purchase from the out of business vendor and we
will arrange a download for you. Again, please allow up to 72 hours.

We hope that we can help you if you are left stranded and we also hope to have you back
on board as a regular customer of PC Aviator.

To help you save a little on your next purchase, please use coupon code: IMBACK2019 at checkout
and you will save  10% off your next purchase. This code expires on 31 October 2019. You
will need to login for the coupon to work.

Sincerely

Robert Ferraro
Owner and Founder
PC Aviator Inc - The Flight Simulation Company!
Serving Flight Simmers Since 1990 - 30 Year
PO Box 296
Loris SC 29569
Ph: 843-716-1616
Edited by Jim Young
Removed link to store.

I received the same email this morning.

The weird part is that I've never bought a single thing from them.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have made numerous purchases from PC Aviator and I also received that same email.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

All my efforts to contact the Australian PC Aviator store still go unanswered.

Edited by knocks