Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

11.40 b1 available...

Go testing the new "feel" of taxiing under x-winds.

Go testing the new "feel" of hovering, preferably on a non-SAS heli.

And there's a lot more. Overall a good step fwd, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

More improvements coming for b3:

• Like 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Austin is "BACK TO LIFE" !!!

This guy is UNIQUE !  🙂

And... now I have yet another good reason to like FLIGHT SIMULATOR... I don't have to wait for their paced announcements about what it'll be, but rather enjoy what, somehow also propulsioned by the "threat" of the competition, X-Plane will be, from here to X-Plane 12.

I seriously believe Vulkan will be delayed for X-Plane 12, but Austin, with this investment, long awaited but already tremendous ! , will offer a good time slot to the fellow doing the graphics stuff for X-Plane to do he's magic more calmly...

( sorry for the possible English typos - didn't have time to edit / clean )

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

5 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

just wondering if anyone from P3D team do similar job there ?

They're probably also doing their homework for P3D v5, I guess. Each on it's own ... 

But guys, War Thunder is so so good....... My preferred --> today <-- 😎

Main Simulation Rig:

9 hours ago, Murmur said:

More improvements coming for b3:

Official b1 = Austin b3
He clarifies that here
all the improvements are already available

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

The first thing I do after reading these "beta is out" posts, I go check if X-Vision has been updated already. And every damned time, YES IT HAS.

http://x-vision.pro/releases.html

Yes they're incredible. I'm holding off the purchase only because of the likelyhood of Vulkan breaking it for good. Don't know how long I can resist though

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

But guys, War Thunder is so so good....... My preferred --> today <-- 😎

what's good about it ?  and tomorrow which will be the preferred ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

18 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

what's good about it ?  and tomorrow which will be the preferred ?

Hmmmm, let me see... AH!  Crimson Skies! Thursday is Crimson Skies day...

Jokes apart - XP is getting really interesting with Austin back to work!

You can now test the rotary effects introduced with these latest betas - although I'm not sure the 412 is meant to be used with "experimental flight model" enables, I have used it that way, with # of flight models per frame = 6, and wow!  It's even better now!

Now I can finally say that, apart from professional FNPTs, no sim I have used is as good as X-Plane for helicopters !

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

Hmmmm, let me see... AH!  Crimson Skies! Thursday is Crimson Skies day...

That bloody autogyro mission with the train...

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 9/11/2019 at 9:15 AM, Beardyman said:

just wondering if anyone from P3D team do similar job there ?

Seriously, I don't think so !

I mean, all of you who are familiar with the venerable FSX, and who have done a loooooot of P3D flying (simulating) too may have recognized, that P3D's flight dynamics/physics are still ancient, coming from the old legacy of FSX.

They are, more or less, still the same.  And without massive help from 3rd party developers e.g. A2A someone would experience the same old song of inaccuracy, regarding physics like stall, landing/take off behaviour, and numerous other issues all day long.

But this guy - Austin Meyers - is unique and genuine.  And his main concerns are - probably - to get the flight dynamics and its physics done just right , as real as it gets  ---> of course in the boundaries of a simulator.

Sometimes he is - maybe - misled and overshooting but always on the search of the best approach and validity, with a lot of passion and forward drive.

LM in comparission don't even care about "correct" helicopter flight dynamics of their own default choppers and of improving them.

All the best,

Konrad

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, I'm really not impressed by version 11.40b2 and its new flight model (experimantel mode) - just from the point of my "in sim experience", not from the point of an engineer (which I'm not).

I went through various helicopters (my preferred machine in X-Plane) and some GA light aircrafts.  To note: I'm always simulating without the inputs of stabilizers or SAS, because I'm keen on experiencing the "pure flying experience" since the beginnings of my "career" as a flight-sim-pilot.

• Hovering became more stable (if you are very delicate with your imputs).
  • In general: there is significantly more trim-work necessary, with steady imputs and the thumb constantly on the trim button.
  • both GA aircraft and choppers as well feel more sluggish in the air, and stronger imputs of pitch and yaw in my helos lead to overhooting easily (--> maybe I should recalibrate my imput curve )
  • Aerobatics in Extra 300 also felt little bit more sluggish, not so fluid than before.
  • In general, it doesn't feel more realistically in terms of "almost airborne" , not at all !!!  (! just my own two cents !).

conclusion:  I will roll back to my main version 11.32 (experimantel mode checked), dead shure !

All the best.

Edited by KBUR

Real flying is not a rock stable affair at all, but correcting any deviations is easier due to better control and sensory inputs.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

But doesn't the planes themselves also need to be optimized / changed for the experimental flight model, before they fully represent what it's trying to convey? Was under the impression you couldn't just slap on the beta and experimental with any old plane, expecting a perfect, realistic result.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB