Sign in to follow this  
Binford

Easyjet Procedures

Hello All,

as far as i know and observed on my recent flights, Easyjet is starting the #1 Engine first and then the # 2 Engine. Also they retract the landing light after Flaps Up due to passenger comfort (no vibration and less noise in the cabin).

Here are my questions regarding this.

- Does it matte which engine is started first during the Eng Start Challenge? Manual says # 2 and then # 1. Does it make any difference if i start # 1 first?

- Maybe you could do an option to retract LDG Lights with flaps up? I'am expecting that when i retract them by my self the f/o will then extend them at 10.000ft again?

Greetings Michael

fslabs_banner.png

46 minutes ago, byork said:

Are you sure they start #1 first?

Normally you start #2 first to pressurize the Yellow system (alternate braking and parking brake).

I was wondering too but they do.

Greetings Michael

Edited by Binford

fslabs_banner.png

Could be for single engine taxi .... When you single engine taxi the Yellow Electric pump is manually switched on so the PTU doesn’t annoy the passengers.

henry

cheers

Edited by henry

1 hour ago, henry said:

Could be for single engine taxi .... When you single engine taxi the Yellow Electric pump is manually switched on so the PTU doesn’t annoy the passengers.

henry

cheers

I did two flights recently on EZY and both time # 1 was started first thereafter # 2 without single engine taxi.

Greetings Michael

fslabs_banner.png

EZY start Engine 1 first because we do a lot of single engine taxis most of the hydraulic systems used for single engine taxi are "connected" engine one hence why we use 1 first

Spoiler

I would also really enjoy EZY proc on the FSLabs, that does not only include the ENG 1 ENG 2 start seq., but also Landing lights as mentioned, the pack 2 off on the ground to save fuel and the absence of the after take off climb checklist as well as a silent parking checklist. 🙂

Edited by captainpjc