Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

ProFlight3 users?

That PF3 uses country dependent voice sets is a big advantage and adds a lot to realism. Flying over Spain or Germany and hearing controllers with American or UK  accents like the others use,  has always been a no go for me 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

11 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pilot2ATC and VoxATC can handle all the airport and controller names.

pete

i'm trialling P2A at the moment ...... but i don't hear airport and artcc callsigns & just phonetics in the clearance (?)

vox though is 100% pronounced, no phonetics.

otherwise they are quite similar and capatible with mce's same TTS copilots ......though P2A has no AI comms (yet) and (hence) does not match (imho) the AI & runway control of Vox

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Those are all very well for people who have their own rooms for Simming but for those of us who have other family members watching TV around the corner (i.e. Open plan), RC4 is an obvious choice, just buttons to press and an auto Co- pilot to do the radios.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

That PF3 uses country dependent voice sets is a big advantage and adds a lot to realism. Flying over Spain or Germany and hearing controllers with American or UK  accents like the others use,  has always been a no go for me 

Yes. Choosing controller voices according to the region you are in is on Dave's list for P2A. But meanwhile, in a batch deal from one of the voice suppliers (on Harpo), I got a selection of other accents to try.

However, I had great difficulty understanding them uness I slowed them down so much it sounded like they were going to sleep.

I think understanding Controllers comes with experience, which is probably what I'm lacking. I think real pilots come to know what they expect to hear, and therefore understand even rich accents. So ... one day I'll re-enable the ones I've currently disabled.

Pete

P.S. Altering spoken voice speed is something easy with synthesised voices. Not so, of course, with pre-recorded ones,

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

I think understanding Controllers comes with experience,

'tis easy if it is pronounced ...... ie not phonetics.

my only occasional need for phonetics was with "expat" controlllers .... so why do you all want programs that use phonetics (PATC, P2A though can't comment on RC & PF3)

frankly, i find it easy & simple to understand robitic pronunciations than "phonetic" ... & don't ask me about "paired" flight numbers. do you really know if it is you if five six nine is called or five sixty nine (many a drama without paired in the real)

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Imho we need :

VOX Proflight Contact 4

That will handle it all 😇

Edited by GSalden
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

44 minutes ago, vadriver said:

'tis easy if it is pronounced ...... ie not phonetics.

Well I find phonetics, when used, ok. Most of the instructions are words in English.

51 minutes ago, vadriver said:

so why do you all want programs that use phonetics

Phonetics are appropriate for SIDs, STARs, and Waypoints. It's only centre names and airports which should be spoken normally, as I think they are with Synthesised voices. It's the pre-recorded voice systems which have problems covering all of these simply because you need so many recorded. (Then, of course, "stitched" onto the wave file being played -- the disjointedness which puts me right off pre-recorded voices).

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

10 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

because you need so many recorded

all those airports, procedures and artcc's .................. mourard would be busy, then add paired flight numbers, you would need many hard disks more so if you needed "sufficient" regional voices.

but i do hope P2A can include those of the above missing + AI comms soon ..... should answer most of gerard's call.

for now, cheers

john martin

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:46 AM, vadriver said:

all those airports, procedures and artcc's .................. mourard would be busy, then add paired flight numbers, you would need many hard disks more so if you neededa "sufficient" regional voices.

but i do hope P2A can include those of the above missing + AI comms soon ..... should answer most of gerard's call.

in my opinion, the best Approach in this matter would be to have a much deeper look into TTS-voice an the allready existing Technology in W10. There are many many Voices that could be used with regional Accent. i.ex. if you use a spanish cereproc tts-voice reading english, you´ll get it with a spanish Accent. The ATC app could just add some synthezysing for random Radio and athmospheric interference live when the speech is  created. That would give a wide range of possibilities and not a mandatory Need to reinvent the Wheel.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

A lot of people in this discussion are talking only about the voices in ATC programs as if that was the hardest thing to overcome.

What about the calculations when you’re advised of another aircraft that could come into conflict. All you have is lat/lon, heading, altitude and speed for your aircraft and also for a table of several other aircraft. For each one you have to calculate the probability of a conflict using trigonometry.

That is extremely complex and probably explains why there are so few decent packages around. I know of one that doesn’t bother with Ai, just your aircraft. Whether that would be suitable for you only you can decide. Stringing wavs together to enunciate an instruction is reasonably easy in comparison I would imagine.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather