Sign in to follow this  
Highflyer525

Pilot2ATC Network PTT Sender/Receiver apps

Hi all,

Just to let you know, the link in my original post will now let you download version 2 of this utility.

Change log:

• Updated the GUIs
  • Added the ability to map up to 8 buttons on 8 controllers
  • Changed network protocol from TCP to UDP to increase response times
  • Optimised code to increase responsiveness of the applications

Cheers,

First Thank You for this  very annoying to have to reach out of home cockpit to press the space bar to talk with P2A.  Any chance to upload it to Avsim ?? Not a member of xplane and the link you posted just takes me to my Onedrive account I didn't realize I had.   Very Appreciated

Steve

15 hours ago, sluihn said:

he link you posted just takes me to my Onedrive account I didn't realize I had.

Hi Steve,

Sorry, it seems that the original link is now dead. I was really careful to upload it with the same name so it would survive but it killed it. Frustrating, because I can't edit my original post because it's so old now.

Hopefully people will look this far down to where there's a new link! 

Try this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvW6QMOWtCLXghWSrnWAAQF4VcO1?e=oGUPPW 🙂 

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by Highflyer525
  • Like 1

Hello and thank you for your work for the community ...

Unfortunately I cannot get P2ATC to work with the receiver ... On my laptop where P2ATC is installed the Windows

firewall is disabled and PTT Receiver is connected in green! Your program "Receiver" loses focus when I press a button on my

SAITEK Cyborg Evo (connected to a W10 PC with Xplane), proof that the signal is reaching the laptop!

However I cannot configure the BTNS menu of P2ATC, it does not offer me my joystick in the drop-down list, only

the keyboard and the mouse, it does not react when I press a button! (Only lost focus)

Am I missing something? Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my Google's English...

On 1/30/2021 at 12:15 PM, Stephem said:

Hello and thank you for your work for the community ...

Unfortunately I cannot get P2ATC to work with the receiver ... On my laptop where P2ATC is installed the Windows

firewall is disabled and PTT Receiver is connected in green! Your program "Receiver" loses focus when I press a button on my

SAITEK Cyborg Evo (connected to a W10 PC with Xplane), proof that the signal is reaching the laptop!

However I cannot configure the BTNS menu of P2ATC, it does not offer me my joystick in the drop-down list, only

the keyboard and the mouse, it does not react when I press a button! (Only lost focus)

Am I missing something? Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my Google's English...

Hi Stephem,

Sorry I missed your question, I did not have notifications on!!

If it loses focus then yes you are right, the signal is getting across, this is good news.

Please review the comments in this forum: Pilot2ATC PTT Network Kit - Utilities - X-Plane.Org Forum (x-plane.org) 

I have explained to someone in detail how to set it up It is using the older version, but the principle is exactly the same. 

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers, 

Hi all,

I’ve just put a couple of bug fixes through as version 2.0.1. Use the link a couple of posts up or visit X-Plane.org use the link in my first post.

Thought I’d share a tip which is working out quite nicely for me.

I use the key switch on the Honeycomb yoke to bind to the XPDR TCAS rotary dial in my PMDG aircraft. As you might know, when using P3D, P2A can’t detect when we turn the XPDR rotary dial in the aircraft, so we have to do it manually on the P2A GUI. (A limitation of FSUIPC if I remember correctly.)

I’ve assigned F7 as a XPDR hot key in P2A (Config > Btn menu) to cycle through the XPDR states. Then I’ve configured the PTT network kit to send F7 when I turn the key to 2nd and 3rd position. (R and L key positions)

So now, when I turn the key all the way round to the right, (TA/RA in the aircraft, ready for flight,) this effectively presses F7 twice and places the P2A XPDR in Active status. When I turn the key all the way left (STBY in the aircraft) this presses F7 twice again changing the P2A XPDR to off. 

It’s a bit of a hack, but works quite well.

Cheers.

Hello,,

I've been considering using P2ATC recently, and have found this solution to be quite interesting, as it seems to avoid many of the complexities & costs of other solutions. However, I am a bit confused re: how it works in a PTT situation. I understand the PTT sender picks up the assigned joystick button 'press', and sends the appropriate notification over to the receiver app. But I'm not following where the physical microphone and/or headset should be connected to. I am guessing it should be the P2ATC client computer, but wondering if there are any potential issues with delays/latency from the sender app over to the P2ATC receiver computer (in my case, a notebook).

Thanks for any assistance on this... much appreciated.

Mike

Edited by orbmis

On 3/24/2021 at 8:29 PM, orbmis said:

Hello,,

I've been considering using P2ATC recently, and have found this solution to be quite interesting, as it seems to avoid many of the complexities & costs of other solutions. However, I am a bit confused re: how it works in a PTT situation. I understand the PTT sender picks up the assigned joystick button 'press', and sends the appropriate notification over to the receiver app. But I'm not following where the physical microphone and/or headset should be connected to. I am guessing it should be the P2ATC client computer, but wondering if there are any potential issues with delays/latency from the sender app over to the P2ATC receiver computer (in my case, a notebook).

Thanks for any assistance on this... much appreciated.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry for such a late response, no matter what I set notifications to, I never seem to get informed when someone replies.

it's probably a little late now, but I'll reply anyway just in case.

You're correct, you mic should be connected to the Pilot2Atc computer as normal.

I recently (before your post) updated the app so that it now uses UDP which is much quicker and more responsive. I always use this app and I've never had any issues with delay or latency, even on wireless.

If you've experienced any issues, let me know. 

Thanks, 

On 9/11/2019 at 1:00 PM, Highflyer525 said:

Hi all,

I'm new to Pilot2ATC but I could see an instant need to be able to send joystick commands from my Sim machine to my Laptop where P2A reside. I'm an X-Plane user. I wasn't really up for paying for anymore software so I've written a couple of programs that basically run on each computer and then allow the transmission of a PTT and SayIt button over to the client machine running P2A.

You can download a copy here.

It's very basic, not very pretty, but it's only a quick fix to solve a personal problem, but judging by the size of the pinned P2A networking thread, I'm not the only one so I thought I'd share!! 🙂

All instructions are contained within the readme, I've only done minimal testing, but it works perfectly on my rig. Any feedback or bugs can be reported back to me here. You'll need to make sure you have .NET 4.7.2 installed as well.

@Dave-Pilot2ATC, I take it it's OK for me to share .EXEs on here?

Any questions, let me know.

Cheers,

Mark.

P.s. Only tested on Windows 10

Mark,

I realize this thread is a bit dated but have to ask.  I too want to run P2A on a Networked PC to my main MSFS2020 Sim PC. Is your app still required or has the latest version of P2A addressed running P2A on a separate PC While enabling the PTT button to trigger the remote running P2A from the SIM PC?

Thanks

Scott

I'm relatively new to P2A, which I run on a networked Windows 10 PC with P3DV4.5HF3 on a separate networked Windows 11 PC.  After having had some difficulty setting up PTT and SayIt buttons and getting them to work I found this PTT send/receive utility.  Installed it, and for me it works perfectly 🙂.  It's rather quiet in this part of the forum and maybe no-one will read this post, but I'd still like to leave a big thank-you here for Mark 👍.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg