Sign in to follow this  
CpnBill

Multiple monitors with various resolutions

Hey guys.....back with another monitor question. 🙂

I posted some things a while back regarding new montior(s), or using a TV etc.  I tried the 43" on the desk and it was just too close for what I was looking for.  I ended up getting a new desk, and the 24"s became too small. 🙂  I'm now sitting with a standard 27", and now I need to get two more 27's.  I'm thinking for the main monitor I'll get a 27" 2560x1440 and run Prepar3d in that.  I like to have a monitor for charts/maps, and then another one for internet surfing while flying.  When running 2k resolution, is it important to look for a 144hz monitor, or will the 75 suffice at the 2k?

Also will having a couple of other monitors at 1080 affect the frame rate?  (they won't be used in Prepar3d, just the single monitor)

Thanks!

Edited by CpnBill

I have 3 LG 2560x1080 monitors at 75  and they work great

so to me 75 suffice at the 2k

• Like 1

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

Just curious. You say big monitor was too close. Was it 4K?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Great question, yes it was.....so by day I'm an IT guy...so between working with three monitors at the office, and three monitors at home, I just really like the 3 monitor setup.  I tried the TV, and it was just too close and didn't allow me to move stuff around the way I'm used to.  From home I'm often remoted into a computer at the office, so it's nice to be able to physically split that up on another screen.  I guess it's just a habit/routine.  Plus I didn't like having to scale everything.

Edited by CpnBill

I hear ya as I enjoy three 27" displays at 1080p.  Luv it, if it ain't broke... well ya know bla-bla.  Like the immersion, the "wide-vision" past the corners of my eyes.  And like you I have so much real estate to move things around when I am not simming.  I also share the displays with a second multi-media PC so I can assign which displays with which PC with the press of a button for a wide variation of setups depending on needs

• Like 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

1 hour ago, CpnBill said:

I just really like the 3 monitor setup

Ha. Three is for wimps 🤣

Running 5 here.

1. P3D
2. LittleNavMap main window
3. LittleNavMap map window
4. Active Sky Weather map
5. Anything else.

• Like 1

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.  Maybe I need to get 5, wife would love that.

"Ha. Three is for wimps"

😄 Ha!   Ok, I confess, I have four.  Three across  for the view and one 14" below them I use for instruments. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Running monitors with different resolutions or refresh rates with P3D running on only one screen will not cause any issues.  It is not a true full screen application.  I run it on a 32 2k flanked by 27 1080p on each side.

• Like 1

Alan

On 9/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, SledDriver said:

Ha. Three is for wimps 🤣

Running 5 here.

1. P3D
2. LittleNavMap main window
3. LittleNavMap map window
4. Active Sky Weather map
5. Anything else.

I would love to see a photo of your 5 screen setup.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV