Sign in to follow this  
disco79stu

Sound only on one side?

Hi,

is it normal that the sound/voices from FS2Crew only play on one of my speakers?

BR
Stu

Edited by disco79stu

Okay thanks. Meanwhile I‘ve read about this issue in multiple discussions in this forum and also checked the settings but like others with this problem everything is set up correctly. None of the other threads provide a solution, bjt what seems to help is a reinstallation of fs2c. Will try that then. 

1 hour ago, disco79stu said:

Okay thanks. Meanwhile I‘ve read about this issue in multiple discussions in this forum and also checked the settings but like others with this problem everything is set up correctly. None of the other threads provide a solution, bjt what seems to help is a reinstallation of fs2c. Will try that then. 

I had  a similar  issue  awhiile  ago  found  out  it  was  my  right  speaker  went  on  me  , even had  Bryan  do  a  one  on  one  session   and  we  both  missed  the  speaker being  the  issue:)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

58 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

I had  a similar  issue  awhiile  ago  found  out  it  was  my  right  speaker  went  on  me  , even had  Bryan  do  a  one  on  one  session   and  we  both  missed  the  speaker being  the  issue:)

Thanks Pete, of course that's what I checked first :) 

Well, as I hear the sounds from P3D just fine and even have a positive left/right audio test when I use the test function in the secondary panel audio settings of FS2Crew, I think the speaker is not the problem. Only the PM/PF (I'm on button control) voices are playing only in the right channel. I don't use headphones and every sound is set up to use the main sound sytem (Realtek Speaker). No Surround or 7.1 etc, Stereo checked, system sounds are all good... and as I said, the "audio check" works just fine... 

17 minutes ago, byork said:

Was it always like that for you?

Well, I don't think it was. But I suddenly noticed yesterday, because the voices were suddenly pretty quiet compared to the engines etc.So it seems something "broke"... I tried rebooting, relaunching, tried various times, etc., no sound on the left side from FS2Crew.

Let me un-/reinstall this evening and I'll get back to you. 

Did you recently update any audio software on your system?

I just tried it to rule out some kind of Windows update.

Worked fine for me.  Crew came out of both speakers equally.

Just throwing stuff out...

Is "HS" selected or unselected on your Main Panel?

What did you have selected for audio device?

Do you have this issue with other FS2Crew's?

Have  you got  any other  fs2crew  as well for  other addons  or only  for  fsl  and  have  same  issue?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, byork said:

Did you recently update any audio software on your system?

I just tried it to rule out some kind of Windows update.

Worked fine for me.  Crew came out of both speakers equally.

Just throwing stuff out...

Is "HS" selected or unselected on your Main Panel?

What did you have selected for audio device?

Do you have this issue with other FS2Crew's?

Thanks for the suggestions and idea guys,

I checked everything above, but it was all okay or not the (obvious) cause. 

But I somehow solved the issue by re-installing the sound and GPU drivers, deactivating the nvidia sound devices, got rid of all language packs, resetting speech recognition, even flushed my P3D.cfg etc. etc. ... basically dusting off some things. 
Can't tell what the cause was, but after another fresh FS2Crew install I now have an equal sound on both speakers again, in the expected volume. 

So I'm happy it's working again. 

Cheers
Stu

The new windows 10 1903 update screwed up a lot of people’s sound devices. What solved sound issues for me was lower my sound from 24 bit sound quality down to 14 and disable Nvidia sound 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

I had this issue in windows 10 P3Dv4.5 with PMDG 777 FS2crew it started from the recent windows update I right clicked on the sound icon on the task bar then “open volume mixer / device / enhancements” I had “disable all sound effects” un- ticked with custom equalizer settings when I ticked “disable all sound effects” it solves the issue for me.

Edited by Whiskey Hotel