Sign in to follow this  
ABurek

RAAS Volume PMDG

Hello:

After installing Win10 64 update KB4515384 the RAAS volume in my PMDG products is very low.  Unless I change the MASTER volume setting its barely audible.  If I choose to play the sound through my headset the volume is normal.  I only have a 2 speaker setup and have tried messing with the spatial sound settings in WIN10 to no avail.  Uninstalling the above update fixes the volume issue.  Anyone else have any issues post update?  I do not own the RAAS Pro, just the locked version that came with the PMDG.  Thanks all for the help!

Allan Burek

Edited by ABurek

Hi Allan,

Locked or unlocked makes no difference in this case.

Remember that the PMDG volume slider also controls the RAAS volume.

Open the Sounds Settings in Windows, and double check your "output device".

If your headset volume is fine, then I suspect regular output device is the problem.

My speakers are set to Realtek High Definition.

Well, seemingly in tune with almost everything else in this hobby, it was something stupid.  That update changed my audio quality from CD quality 44100hz.  Changing it back solved all my issues.   Gotta love it.  Thanks for the help!

Allan Burek

Edited by ABurek

9 hours ago, ABurek said:

Well, seemingly in tune with almost everything else in this hobby, it was something stupid.  That update changed my audio quality from CD quality 44100hz.  Changing it back solved all my issues.   Gotta love it.  Thanks for the help!

Allan Burek

Hi. I have a similar issue. Can you tell me where to find the setting which you described. Is it under Audio Settings?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

33 minutes ago, ABurek said:

Thanks. Got it. And my RAAS volume is back. Was that CD Quality setting always the default? I've never had to adjust those settings before. Mine was set to "Studio" quality.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Mine was set to studio as well.  Not sure what or why.  MS updates changed something with spatial audio so Im sure that has something to do with it, that and whatever speaker set up you employ (I use 2 front speakers only).

Allan Burek