Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Win-10 9/11/2019 Update Problem

This is just a heads-up to those that have had a Windows-10  9/11/2019 update and P3D will not launch as well Rex SkyForce for P3D.

After updating Windows my PC rebooted no problem. I immediately started checking all my programs (Apps) and what I found, was at least for me, P3D and SkyForce would not load at all.

See attached link below for my print-screen. The item in the red border box was the first one I uninstalled - it was an easy task to do.

After the uninstall I then ran P3D as well as SkyForce and everything was normal.  I did not uninstall the other three 9/11/2019 updates as SO FAR I am not experiencing any issues.  I also activated a 7-day pause on any further Windows updates. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nrt6C5qUpWhwrFN4A

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

I also had to uninstall KB4514359 which updates .NET. That seems to be the culprit. Everything back to normal. Rather than a piecemeal solution, it's probably a better option to revert to the Windows restore point prior to the 9/10/2019 updates for Win 10 1903 and continue to pause updates until MS figures out what happened.

I did not have any problems , I use Windows defender as AV and did not disable it..

Jorge

I updated. Have no issues. Same as Jorge I use Windows defender.

Edited by BillS511

50 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Did you folks disable AV software prior to update?

Cheers, Rob.

I did not because Windows had already run in the background and I had no opportunity to turn off my ESET AV.

Also my Windows Defender is on.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

After windows update, I had a CTD and that did not happen to me for a long time, it was the notorious Terrain.dll issue, I related directly to a windows update but without knowing that for sure, I reduce just a little my settings then a reboot and all good now. 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

This is supposed to be a fix for KB4512941 that has shown to cause Cortana to run in background with high CPU usage, W10 insiders pointed it out but Microsoft rolled it out anyway, I have delayed this update for now.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Did you guys have Afterburner and Rivatuner running? By closing them the CTD stopped.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

It appears Rivatuner is the issue for me with the current Windows updates.  With Rivatuner running I get a d3d9.dll error when P3dV4.5 tries to run.  Without Rivatuner running P3dV4.5 loads and runs with no issues.  This is with all of the current Windows 10 updates installed.  If I uninstall the latests W10 updates P3d will run with Rivatuner run with no problem.  It appears Rivatuner needs an update to be compatible with the latest W10 updates.

Danny

Danny

14 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I also had to uninstall KB4514359 which updates .NET. That seems to be the culprit.

Same here.  Or maybe it was the culprit.  Something in the latest series of Windows updates - from September 1 onward - completely screwed up my connectivity.  Couldn't maintain an internet connection via ethernet or wi-fi.  I depend on my internet connection for work, so I didn't have time for precise diagnosis - I just killed all the updates on or after August 1.  Everything's working beautifully now.  I've paused updates and set delays 'til Microsoft figures out what's going on.

Side note, but I have to say my faith in Microsoft's ability to deliver a streamed solution for MSFS - which wasn't all that great to begin with - just took a nosedive.

Edited by Alan_A
  • Upvote 1

Looks like Nvidia also updated there drivers for Gears5 with more.

Any experience with this cocktail ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I had the same issue after latest WIN10 updates. I had only one restore point listed, and that one dated from today, so not from before the update yesterday. Restored nevertheless and everything seems to be back to normal despite the updates remaining installed. Riva Tuner made no difference on my system whatsoever.

Tom

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Any experience with this cocktail ?

Yep, updated to the latest gpu drivers 360.30, no issues yet.

w10 .. 1903 build 18362.356

bob

Had same issue here. Appears that the Windows update causes P3D and REX for me to not start. Uninstalling it now. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight