Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Win-10 9/11/2019 Update Problem

No issues with the W10 update and P3D or REX SF and EF here...

Chris Camp

what is the OS Build number ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I have the same issue as well - posted in the Win 10 forum here.

P3D does not start with that new W10 update installed.  One time it hung, showing a "Suspended" status in Task Manager.  I'm using Defender and RivaTuner as well.

- Rich

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

My build number shows as 18362.295, and the most recent updates (after this morning's uninstalls) are KB4506991 and 4512508. Smooth running with that setup.  This is on my work laptop - I haven't tried to deal with the flightsim rig yet.  But connectivity problems are solved.

The problem appears to be from an incomplete installation of the 10 Sep updates, which is why some people have no issues and others do. It has nothing to do with anti malware software being active.

I'm hosed too after the update.  Really long start up time.  UT Live loads sometimes and not others.  Frame rates went down from 30+ to 5 for DEFAULT aircraft.  What a nightmare....  Thanks Microsoft.

Regards,

Todd

I also just noticed that after rolling back, my Flight1 GTN 650/750 no longer works.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

32 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The problem appears to be from an incomplete installation of the 10 Sep updates, which is why some people have no issues and others do. It has nothing to do with anti malware software being active.

Not entirely, in my case. My connectivity issues set in several days before that. Since uninstalling, I don’t have access to the update history, but on my system something took a hit - driver or installation problem or something - about the middle of the week before. 

At work we had several different issues with this update.

A few affected Acer Aspire S3 laptops that lost the network and wifi icons, requiring an "uininstall" in the device manager and reboot ...

At home I had to disable updates since Win 10 insists to set my Nvidia drivers to a more than 2 month old version...

Well, I look fwd for a patch of the patch....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

No issue/s present here after updating to 1903 18362.356

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I’m using the latest RivaTuner, no issues, just make sure P3D water = high and not Ultra.

What methods do you have set for RT monitoring?  Overclocked GPU?

Cheers, Rob

I do overclock my GPU with MSIAfterburner.  However, the overclocked GPU doesn't appear to cause a problem.  As long as Rivatuner is not active P3D will load and run with the overclocked GPU.  In Rivatuner I have the following set:

Enable 64-bit applications support service

Enable framerate limiter

Danny

Danny

8 hours ago, Tom_L said:

I had only one restore point listed, and that one dated from today, so not from before the update yesterday.

Before allowing Windows updates I manually create a new restore point!  Valuable SOP!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Did a full system drive backup here as a precaution, then installed the latest updates including the possibly dodgy one.

FYI, P3D with EF, SF2, ASP4, EnvTex/Dir, rivatuner, LIttle NavMap, and all my other apps seem to be working fine with the dodgy update in place.

So whatever the problem is with this update, it is not affecting everyone.

Let's hope a solution is found soon for everyone. All this "OS as a service" stuff is great while it works, and a total disaster when it doesn't.

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Before allowing Windows updates I manually create a new restore point!  Valuable SOP!

Restore points are a useful option for normal operations, but when there are reports of problems around, I usually go for a full system drive backup before proceeding.

If nothing else, it removes much of the stress from the situation if the worst happens.

5 hours ago, fppilot said:

Yep, will become SOP for me as of now. The restore i mentioned disabled all the three last updates although the restore point dated after that - strange. Anyway: I'm on halt for seven days now hoping MS figures something out that helps P3D users. Not sure if that is their priority though. Fingers crossed.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM