Sign in to follow this  
malct

Lost all my add ons

recently i had to delete Steam due to a different game not working, Today since its raining, I decided to do some flying on FSX

Noticed that the Icon was missing and i when i found the game in Steam, It started to download and a fresh install.

When l loaded up the game, none of my add-ons can be seen , But i have all the add-ons in downloads but i cant find anything in program files 86

what i thought about doing is doing a save now, but do a recovery going back to the time i did a major update on FSX.

Any thoughts on how to get everything the way it was, I did a lot of work adding planes via FLIa , (Doha, Bangkok) and i dont want to loose those 

Edited by malct

Since you now have a new install of FSX:SE, the various Config files don't have the entries to know where your products are, so FSX:SE is not aware of that they are there. 

There is a way to add the entries back, but it's time consuming, error prone, and if you're not accustomed to making manual entries in the various CFG files and what entries go where, it will be better, faster and easier just to uninstall and reinstall your addons.  I don't recommend trying to install over existing installations of some products, so it's best to uninstall all your addons, reboot, and then reinstall them.

Best wishes.

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Ah , Dam!!!  I have everything in Zip files in my downloads, But since Dave says that i will have to do a new install, I might try and reload from a past restore point and if it doesn't work, then i will have to start again OR wait for the new FSX that might be out soon.

1 hour ago, malct said:

Ah , Dam!!!  I have everything in Zip files in my downloads, But since Dave says that i will have to do a new install, I might try and reload from a past restore point and if it doesn't work, then i will have to start again OR wait for the new FSX that might be out soon.

If you've reinstalled FSX:SE, I don't believe a restore point will help as it doesn't capture individual cfg files for FSX.

To save you time, I would simply uninstall and reinstall your addons.  Or you could just move to P3Dv4, where for the most part one can delete P3D, reinstall P3D and the addons are still there.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

If it`s a steam purchased addon untick the addon then re-tick you should see the download bar at the bottom start.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

If you look in the scenery.cfg folder, there should be several backups as developers make backups before adding the entry in the scenery.cfg.  Just delete the scenery.cfg and rename the latest backup and go fly.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Disaster, I did a restore to the last back up date and it just game up error and i lost everything on my PC, Only way back was to do a factory reset, Lost photos and Docs. 

Never mind, least i have de-cluttered.

Regards anything else, I think i will wait for the release of FSX 2020. Any idea on the release date?