Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

September 12th, 2019 Update - Alpha sign-up

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Yeah, we'll see how far they get with that in simmy world.

Quite far I should think. People who have applied to test it are unlikely to want to lose the privilege by blabbing details on reddit or avsim to get some sort of cred, I would have thought. 

You don’t usually get many leaks from alpha/ beta testing do you? Can’t really think of any notable examples. 

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Mark 0.3 to 0.4.. when the landing gear is being deployed.. pay attention..

Watched again 3 times and I did pay attention...ultra smooth....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FDEdev said:

Watched again 3 times and I did pay attention...ultra smooth....

Same here.

15 hours ago, simaddict said:

Hey, bud. I had to use Google Chrome and it worked!!

Hope that works for you.

Mike

Thanks I used Edge & it worked. Strange...

UPS123.png

At the end of the stall video, you can see Boeing field for a few seconds. It's weird that most buildings (hangars) on the airport are flat. Hope that they have just not culled in yet. It's weird though because you can make out culled-in scenery buildings even behind the airfield...

Edited by SirGreenLemon

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

It looks great so far but I can't help but think they are hiding stuff and there will eventually be disappointment.

Like we have to pay fees to fly in other countries. Or adding custom airports is going to really add up. And everything will be micro transactions from flight sim store (inside the sim).

Thats just the tip of the iceberg....

They will demand your firstborn, or optionally a kidney, just to get past the title screen. You need to sign a leasing contract for every plane you are going to fly, based on real world rates. Apart from that, you gonna pay real money for jetfuel and airport fees & taxes and any potential lawsuits filed by unsatisfied virtual passengers. All that conveniently debited directly from your bank account for which you granted full power to Microsoft as part of the TOC. You will also have to agree to 24/7 surprise visits by Microsoft employees in black suits and sunglasses to ensure you are fully complying to all license agreements (and not hiding any firstborns!) 

The fact that they are running a public (closed) beta clearly indicates that they are hiding stuff from us!

Microsoft, you have been caught red handed, we are not going to fall for your shenanigans! *furiously shakes fist*

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

I’ve noticed that the official trailer showed multiple aircraft flying together, perhaps indicating a multiplayer mode provided by Microsoft itself and not through Vatsim. None of these insider shots have shown multiple aircraft again though. 

56 minutes ago, simbol said:

Mark 0.3 to 0.4.. when the landing gear is being deployed.. pay attention..

S.

No stutter for me either like others are saying.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

The main landing gear in the wing box hesitates and is slow to deploy, especially the right wheel.
It can look like a stutter if you pay all of your attention to it, but the scenery along with nose gear and propeller animations are all smooth as silk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

46 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

I’ve noticed that the official trailer showed multiple aircraft flying together, perhaps indicating a multiplayer mode provided by Microsoft itself and not through Vatsim. None of these insider shots have shown multiple aircraft again though. 

We barely saw things. I mean, we are still in the first phase. I am sure we'll see more. And in the insiders survey you had to compile to register there was a question specifically about the user use of multiplayer on current simulators

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

10 hours ago, Noooch said:

But is it just me or the runway in the first clip doesn't fit with the landscape? It looks too straight, the runway painting too bright, something doesn't feel right (I am not bringing the slope thing again on the table as MS already answered it)

But for me it looks odd...

It does look odd, it stands out too much.  But it's likely due to the fact the airport "environment" is driven separately and then overlaid on the terrain, so that it can be re-used for every airport.  Always a tricky area to "blend" properly, especially with photo terrain.

I realize the trees, houses and everything else are also overlaid on the terrain, but the runways, taxiways, and aprons are always tricky.

Jzj2lBj.jpg

Edited by Gulfstream

3 minutes ago, france89 said:

And in the insiders survey you had to compile to register there was a question specifically about the user use of multiplayer on current simulators

Deep intake of breath! Bang goes your chance to be in the beta! :ohmy: :wink:

Give people power to really test their personality.

50 minutes ago, F737NG said:

The main landing gear in the wing box hesitates and is slow to deploy, especially the right wheel.
It can look like a stutter if you pay all of your attention to it, but the scenery along with nose gear and propeller animations are all smooth as silk.

This doesn't make sense since stutter would affect the whole scenery and/or airplane and not only a single animation.

What happened to the videos? they are all blank now.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”