Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

September 12th, 2019 Update - Alpha sign-up

I thought so as well, but I've upgraded my girlfriends laptop last week without needing any 'tricks' etc...straight forward, directly via MS.

Boot time has decreased by 75% 🙂

Edited by FDEdev

8 minutes ago, n4gix said:

It hasn't been "free" for some months now according to the MS Store.

It'll take a Win 7/8 product key if you clean install.

4 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

I thought so as well, but I've upgraded my girlfriends laptop last week without needing any 'tricks' etc...straight forward, directly via MS.

Boot time has decreased by 75% 🙂

The "adaptive technology" exception still works according to several help sites I've visited recently. My main development machine is still running Win7. In fact the only Win10 machine I have here on the network is my sim computer... :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

19 hours ago, bonchie said:

It looks almost the same in the real sat photo of the area. It's a concrete runway surrounded by light green.

It's not really the look of the runway concrete but more the perfect bright painting and the runway not being affected by the atmosphere effects.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Massive leap forward in basically everything simmers have been wanting forever,

complains about tiny issues in an ALPHA build

🙄

Are people not allowed to post negatives they observe?

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

The atmosphere and clouds look so immensely realistic that I find myself looking up into the (real) sky and thinking to myself this is what we'll have in MSFS. It's astonishing what is being achieved here.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 9/13/2019 at 8:10 PM, simbol said:

Ok I launched the video on 5 different setups + 2 mobile phones, 4 of them and the phones gave me the same results with a little stutter between 0.3 and 0.4. But the last system I tried it on worked much better and I didn't appreciate it..

The one that worked fine is a 4K System, Windows 10 using Edge.. while using Chrome, Android + Windows 10 or Windows 7 resulted on giving me an appreciation of a stutter with the DA62 video.

So it must be something related to codecs or some similar factors.

S.

Why are discussing this so far out of the release window?

I recently picked up the controls again of MS Flight after playing a lot of X-Plane and FSX and was astonished how buttersmooth it was. Microsoft certainly did a good job there. Lets have a little faith people!

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

Why are discussing this so far out of the release window?

I recently picked up the controls again of MS Flight after playing a lot of X-Plane and FSX and was astonished how buttersmooth it was. Microsoft certainly did a good job there. Lets have a little faith people!

Are you being serious? I was just sharing my experience with my all systems since nobody else experienced what I did, so I proceeded to find out why I do see an stutter when nobody else does, as I expressed once again it seems related to a variable on my side, so I also reported this back.. This is exactly what MS will need from all of you by the way.. which is nothing else than the minimum required from any Alpha / Beta tester.. 

Faith has nothing to do with testing software, much less a simulator, developers need users reporting what they see, what they experience, how they experience it, when they experience it and go beyond such reports by troubleshooting anything experienced in order to provide this DATA to the developers or Beta team project manager.

And yes although we do love hearing Beta team members users expressing that our software is great, what we really need is them telling us how can we make it better and find problems before we release any product.

Regards,

S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, simbol said:

Are you being serious? I was just sharing my experience with my all systems since nobody else experienced what I did, so I proceeded to find out why I do see an stutter when nobody else does, as I expressed once again it seems related to a variable on my side, so I also reported this back.. This is exactly what MS will need from all of you by the way.. which is nothing else than the minimum required from any Alpha / Beta tester.. 

Faith has nothing to do with testing software, much less a simulator, developers need users reporting what they see, what they experience, how they experience it, when they experience it and go beyond such reports by troubleshooting anything experienced in order to provide this DATA to the developers or Beta team project manager.

And yes although we do love hearing Beta team members users expressing that our software is great, what we really need is them telling us how can we make it better and find problems before we release any product.

Regards,

S.

Well my comment wasn't aired at you specifically so sorry about that... But we're not beta testing a video, those who are lucky enough to be engaged with Microsoft will give feedback when the time is right to do so. Personally I think some of the general comments on here are a little bit silly. Optimisations and polishing could be considered a long way off but the foundation architecture should support a reasonable level of performance which just off the videos we've seen I'm sure it will.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:58 AM, Noooch said:

The newest flight dynamics update in XPlane 11.40 will now simulate stalls exactly how we just saw it in the stall MSFS video! That's very encouraging.

I don't understand how X-Plane, which touts itself as the proper aerodynamics sim compared to the "game" sims like MSFS, doesn't have proper stall behavior.  It's only been around since 1995.

It takes Microsoft to come around with a new simulator to get X-Plane to simulate stalls correctly?

shrug

Edited by Gulfstream
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gulfstream said:

I don't understand how X-Plane, which touts itself as the proper aerodynamics sim compared to the "game" sims like MSFS, doesn't have proper stall behavior.  It's only been around since 1995.

It takes Microsoft to come around with a new simulator to get X-Plane to simulate stalls correctly?

shrug

That's what competition does. It always provokes advancements. Cough cough, Intel.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-flight-simulator-new-videos-best-looking-game-of-all-time-tech-alpha-registration-open.140957/page-2

Now this thread puts things in perspective compared to some of the complaints in here. I'm not worried about the success of this sim.

My apologies if linking to other forums is not allowed. It's just nice to see how the casuals are reacting to all of this.

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

7 hours ago, threegreen said:

Are people not allowed to post negatives they observe?

Just providing some context.

• Upvote 1

Cloud on cloud shadows. And real lighting effects on them. The back lighting is amazing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

We will know all in 6 months just putting in to context.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg