Sign in to follow this  
alanrco

HELP! Just purchased but can't install! (resolved)

It asks for my Xplane 9 directory. I only have Xplane level. It just will not get past this. Clicked on purchase which stated xplane 9/10/11. What a pain!

SOLVED

Oh what a dork I am. No passengers are gonna trust me in the front seat 🙂

Edited by alanrco
My Bad!

I installed this software following the exact procedure of an intelligent guy on Youtube. He started Xplane 11, loaded a new flight. Did the Plugin, switched on the avionics and the GTN750 was there. As I said I followed this precisely:

1) All I get on the dual setup is the default x-plane PFD and on the second screen the default FMC which I cannot use unless I click on it and get the default FMC 2D window.

2) Loaded other planes and only get blank screen

3) I've used the plugin while in X-plane11. They do nothing! (I've also tried with the other plugins disabled)

BTW if I run the Trainer from its own folder, the screens work. But only there and outside of X-Plane

I've now logged 10 hours purely trying to figure out this one problem. From what I read, I know I'm not alone with this problem and have seen no threads where the problem was solved.

Unless anyone can figure out the clues I've given then I will just have to abandon this entirely and 10 hours plus $50 down the drain!

Since I installed the 750 software; each time I run X-Plane11 I find this in my McAfee Security History at the date and time of activating X-Plane: Suspicious incoming network blocked. Source IP address:**********************************

Here is the RealityXP.GTN file if that helps. I now need to go into another room so I can scream.

[GTN]
; comma separated list of gauges
gauges = GTN_725_2, GTN_750_1

[GTN_750_1]
; comma separated list of render targets.
drawto = WINDOW, PANELS
; is the master device if true.
MasterDevice = true 
; aviation db: 0: nav_db2_grm, 1: nav_db2, 2: nav_heli_db2_grmn, 3: nav_heli_db2
NavDbType = 1

[GTN_750_1.WINDOW]
; display window if true.
visible = false
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = WINDOW
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 3010,2140,830,790
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)
usemouse = true
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = false
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true
; VR mode position and dimension (left,top,width,height) (requires XP11.20)
vrmode.rect = 0,790,830,790
; display as popout window if true (requires XP11.1).
undocked = false
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; freeze display position if true.
locked = false
; auto hide in external view if true.
autohide = false

[GTN_750_1.PANELS]
visible = false
nobezel = true
frame.type = PANELS
frame.rect = 0,0,0,0
border.size = 0
border.rgba = #000000
usemouse = true
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = false
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true

[GTN_725_2]
; comma separated list of render targets.
drawto = WINDOW, PANELS
; is the master device if true.
MasterDevice = false
; aviation db: 0: nav_db2_grm, 1: nav_db2, 2: nav_heli_db2_grmn, 3: nav_heli_db2
NavDbType = 1

[GTN_725_2.WINDOW]
visible = false
nobezel = false
frame.type = WINDOW
frame.rect = 1806,1272,830,790
border.size = 0
border.rgba = #000000
usemouse = true
popleft = false
popright = true
; VR mode position and dimension (left,top,width,height) (requires XP11.20)
vrmode.rect = 0,790,830,790
; display as popout window if true (requires XP11.1).
undocked = false
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; freeze display position if true.
locked = false
; auto hide in external view if true.
autohide = false

[GTN_725_2.PANELS]
visible = false
nobezel = true
frame.type = PANELS
frame.rect = 0,0,0,0
border.size = 0
border.rgba = #000000
usemouse = true
popleft = false
popright = true

1 hour ago, alanrco said:

Unless anyone can figure out the clues I've given then I will just have to abandon this entirely and 10 hours plus $50 down the drain!

Hi,

User's Manual, p 14 -> Configuration / Aircraft Configuration.

All your devices are set to visible = false
That makes the displays not visible.
I just took a quick look at the problem and your post - but that seems to be the issue.
Change the ini, restart X-Plane, switch your GTN on.
And remember to RTFM 😉

• Like 1

Tnx Bourrinopathe, you raised my hopes, but alas, it did not work. None of the buttons work on the panel. Never have. In fact I lost the defaults I had on there before. Not that they were much use. A dual panel was built for the Airofoillabs King Air 350 and I've seen it working on YouTube. The .ini file came with that and all were visible true. I just might try a second copy of xplane on another pc but even the instructions to put the gtn750 without affecting my licence, on one are ambiguous to say the least. Don't want to lose it on my main pc, that's if I ever get it working! Regards and ty for replying

Edited by alanrco
missed words

Hi,

7 hours ago, alanrco said:

From what I read, I know I'm not alone with this problem and have seen no threads where the problem was solved.

Actually all these problems are solved. You might want to look at these posts again, and many other similar posts: the first step toward resolution is to post the content of the RXP log files (see User's Manual for file/path).

Each time I run X-Plane11 I find this in my McAfee Security History at the date and time of activating X-Plane: Suspicious incoming network blocked. Source IP address:

Having said this, you have most likely already find out the cause and only you can cure. You might want to review your antivirus settings in order to see whether it is interfere both with X-Plane and any other 'RXP' file (quarantined?)

Certainly not wasted, you're in good hands on the forum!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

55 minutes ago, alanrco said:

I just might try a second copy of xplane on another pc but even the instructions to put the gtn750 without affecting my licence, on one are ambiguous to say the least.

The product EULA grants you the right to install on two computers, provided you don't use them at the same time. This typically addresses the desktop+laptop use case.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

10 hours - just does not work! I now have tried to re-install. Does not work! The Key in the Reality folder does not work! Says it's invalid go to f1 customer Care. I DON'T have a f1 account! Did not buy it from there - nor do I want just another account! Pleas tell me how refund works - because I'm fed up with being an unpaid trouble shooter! So many people have problems with this and I've not seen anyone who have been able to solve this. All advice on this forum has been vague, ambiguous and just downright unhelpful! My virus protection is doing my head in and all because your *.dll files are not registered with Microsoft! It really is the limit! Sorry but I'm justifiably angry. Why is it that payware causes more problems than freeware?

Edited by RXP

7 minutes ago, alanrco said:

10 hours - just does not work!

14 hours ago, RXP said:

the first step toward resolution is to post the content of the RXP log files (see User's Manual for file/path).

Maybe you might want to at least first try to follow the resolution suggestions we are giving you instead of guessing alone?

Until I retired, I was in the teaching world. We found that many of those who wanted to teach their skills were unable to do so. This is a common problem, people know their skills but it takes a very special kind of person to teach. I find this is the situation here. With all due respect RXP, and I'm sure that you are good at what you do but, help from here has been, to say the least, ambiguous and vague. It boils down to the fact that there seems to be an assumption that people wanting help will know what your talking about. I assume that if I tried to explain the skills I have might cause you problems too, except that I taught 🙂 However, below is the contents of the two (relevant?) files. BTW this file is where it should be: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

Also I don't really want a refund if I can help it. I feel that this tool is an essential navigation item so please help. Also I do need the key fixing. I have no idea why that's not working.

Contents of rxpGtnSim.dll:

19/09/15 10:51:53.953 09980 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.19.1
19/09/15 10:51:53.952 09980 INFO ] 
19/09/15 10:52:21.702 09980 INFO ] GTN 725.2 - TRAINER 6620
19/09/15 10:52:36.130 09980 ERROR] GTN 725.2 process not ready: The specified module could not be found., code: 0000007e
19/09/15 10:52:36.131 09980 ERROR]  check if file is missing or your antivirus: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll
19/09/15 10:52:36.235 09980 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6620
19/09/15 10:52:36.261 09980 ERROR] GTN 750.1 process not ready: The specified module could not be found., code: 0000007e
19/09/15 10:52:36.262 09980 ERROR]  check if file is missing or your antivirus: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

Contents of rxpGTN.xpl:

19/09/15 10:51:51.979 09980 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.19.1
19/09/15 10:51:51.979 09980 INFO ] 

Edited by alanrco
as needed

9 hours ago, alanrco said:

We found that many of those who wanted to teach their skills were unable to do so.

Hi,

You may be right.

This is why our products update log files with technical data and this constitutes the unbiased uninterpreted first mean of communication in case there is an issue. Well this works as long as our customers post the content of the log files instead of guessing what could be happening. Although from time to time just reading the content of the log files gives enough clues to some of our customers.

Now, the error in the log file is clear to us obviously, and this is what the log file is about, to assist support.

In this case, the plugin is prevented from accessing the rxpGtnSim32.dll file in your hard drive at the following location:

"C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll"

This could be your anti-virus not putting the file in quarantine (because you're saying it is in the folder) but instead preventing access to it. In this case there should traces in the anti-virus logs about this event.

Otherwise this could be the file access rights on your hard drive which have been 'modified' and are preventing the simulator from accessing the file.

Have you by any chance tried installing and/or running as-admin once?

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply. By necessity I have to be away from my PC tonight so I cannot try that atm. However, why my key is not working is a cause for concern as I do not have an account with f1 and I presume the purchase went through as a guest. Therefore I'm not sure they can help. In the meantime I will not be able to reinstall without the key?

Edited by RXP

14 hours ago, RXP said:

"C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll"

Hi RXP

Well, I realise I've taken the scenic route (pun?) with this problem and thank you RXP for finally getting there with me. It surely was that file and the very pesky McAfee VP. I could have sworn I placed the file in the exclude area but, doing it again has solved the problem, at last! Dual setup in the excellent Airfoillabs King Air 350 (MOD) looks great!

Hi,

I'm glad you've finally managed to sort it out and you're enjoying our products to their fullest!

8 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

I'm glad you've finally managed to sort it out and you're enjoying our products to their fullest!

I guess you did not expect to here from me again, and I wish I had not to do so. But I'm screwed! I've been playing most of the day. I logged off to have some food. When I restarted I was back to the same problem but worse. Blank screens! I looked for the .dll file and it was missing. Opened McAfee and it was still listed as excluded. I looked in quarantined and it's not there so I cannot restore the file. I suppose I need to reinstall again, except I cannot, because as I mentioned in an earlier post, my key is corrupt! Just goes on and on. I will have to dump McAfee because this is quite intolerable! Any suggestions?

You might want to look into bitdefender as well, the default Windows anti-virus.

We've white-listed our updated files released yesterday (GTN v2.5.20) with the Microsoft AV team this morning  but it may be intercepting the previous 2.5.19 version.

As for the key, I'll send you a PM right away. With the key and your key password indicated in your purchase receipt, you'll be able to reinstall as explained in our knowledge base article linked at the top of our "updates" thread:

Edited by RXP