Sign in to follow this  
captainjensen

Live Traffic on Ground (suggestion)

Hi Nico,

thanks for replying to my previous post. 

I actually had a thought that maybe easy for you to implement that could used to override the parking system or compliment it perhaps.

I believe many people use FR24 and with the cheapest (paid) subscription, i think its 1.99 a month, you can see up to several days of data of accurate aircraft on the ground.

Its actually easy to copy the information out of the page as its built in a table format.

Would it be possible to perhaps that this info could be pasted easily into a .txt file or similar and ask PSXseeconTraffic to use that data? 

example image: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RCkmv9e2acGtDbwBd4UlF4mcTDqxWcb3 

heres the example pasted from Aalborg Airport (copy/paste):

13 Sep 4:13 PM (08 min ago) R44 (OY-HHD) Robinson R44 Raven II Private owner -  
13 Sep 4:02 PM (19 min ago) E195 (OY-GDB) Embraer ERJ-195LR Great Dane Airlines -  
13 Sep 4:00 PM (22 min ago) C525 (D-ILHC) Cessna 525 CitationJet CJ1+ Lufthansa Flight Training LH9973  
13 Sep 3:39 PM (43 min ago) CRJ9 (EI-FPK) Bombardier CRJ-900LR SAS SK1215  
12 Sep 4:22 PM (23 hrs ago) SF25 (OY-TKX) Scheibe SF-25C Falke Nordjysk Svveflyveklub -  
12 Sep 3:13 PM (25 hrs ago) C172 (OY-GTM) Cessna F172N Private owner -  
12 Sep 10:49 AM (29 hrs ago) E195 (OY-GDA) Embraer ERJ-195LR Great Dane Airlines -  
09 Sep 5:14 PM (03 days ago) P28A (OY-BLO) Piper PA28-151 Cherokee Warrior Private owner -  
09 Sep 3:42 PM (04 days ago) C172 (OY-AJM) Cessna F172N Skyhawk Private owner -  
07 Sep 11:42 AM (06 days ago) TAMP (OY-IMR) Socata TB-9 Tampico Private owner -  

kind regards,

Philip

Hi Philip,

Thank you for coming up with ideas.

Question for clarification: is there gate information in that table?

Regards,

Nico

hello. i have a paid subscription, and although there is no information about the gate, we can now how many planes at that airport in a specific moment. 

would be good that psxseecontraffic put exactly the number of planes and their types and airlines in the airport, even if we dont know what gates.

in the other side, we really do know what are the gates because we have the map and the (kml or csv archives).

maybe that could help:)

abri

• Like 1

Most airports have their own website with departure/arrival info, Gate info included...

FlightRadar 21 has departure/arrival info incl airline/aircraft like Abri mentioned...

That would be a nice start 

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Well from an IT point of view it is not easy to interface with data at websites. One needs API's with clearly defined syntax and semantics.

I don't think that the idea of the OP is the way to go.

For airports that have no life aircraft ground coverage one can now use the new feature in 16.1.

Just install AIG and its flight plans and create  a good airport file by letting PSXT detect  the AI aircraft from AIG.

Hi Nico,

Thanks again for this great piece of software!

I actually had the same idea as Philip and did some research on the topic. I found https://aviation-edge.com/developers/ and I even made a subscription. Its quite expensive (5$ for the first month then 99$ US/month for developers license) but I think it will take PSX to another level. It has all information about departure and arrivals of any airport, with schedules time of departure , Gate number and codeshare information ,etc.. and all is done through simple  API calls. 

I can transfer you my API key if you are interested to check it on.  

Please let us know your thoughts on this.

Thank you!

Amine.

PS: Here is an example of data you get from the API. Here I asked for departures timetable for YUL airport . This is only the first result:

[

{

"type": "departure",
"status": "scheduled",
"departure": {
"iataCode": "YUL",
"icaoCode": "CYUL",
"terminal": null,
"gate": "A30",
"baggage": null,
"delay": null,
"scheduledTime": "2019-09-14T18:00:00.000",
"estimatedTime": null,
"actualTime": null,
"estimatedRunway": null,
"actualRunway": null

},

"arrival": {
"iataCode": "YQB",
"icaoCode": "CYQB",
"gate": "25",
"baggage": "DOM",
"scheduledTime": "2019-09-14T18:53:00.000",

},

"airline": {
"name": "SWISS",
"iataCode": "LX",
"icaoCode": "SWR"
},

"flight": {
"number": "4652",
"iataNumber": "LX4652",
"icaoNumber": "SWR4652"
},

"codeshared": {
"name": "Air Canada",
"iataCode": "AC",
"icaoCode": "ACA"
},

"number": "8726",
"iataNumber": "AC8726",
"icaoNumber": "ACA8726"
}

}

},

Edited by vcaptain747

55 minutes ago, vcaptain747 said:

Hi Nico,

Thanks again for this great piece of software!

I actually had the same idea as Philip and did some research on the topic. I found https://aviation-edge.com/developers/ and I even made a subscription. Its quite expensive (5$ for the first month then 99$ US/month for developers license) but I think it will take PSX to another level. It has all information about departure and arrivals of any airport, with schedules time of departure , Gate number and codeshare information ,etc.. and all is done through simple  API calls. 

I can transfer you my API key if you are interested to check it on.  

Please let us know your thoughts on this.

Thank you!

Amine.

PS: Here is an example of data you get from the API. Here I asked for departures timetable for YUL airport . This is only the first result:

[

{

"type": "departure",
"status": "scheduled",
"departure": {
"iataCode": "YUL",
"icaoCode": "CYUL",
"gate": "A30",
"baggage": null,
"scheduledTime": "2019-09-14T18:00:00.000",

},

"arrival": {
"iataCode": "YQB",
"icaoCode": "CYQB",
"gate": "25",
"baggage": "DOM",
"scheduledTime": "2019-09-14T18:53:00.000",

},

"name": "SWISS",
"iataCode": "LX",
"icaoCode": "SWR"
},

"number": "4652",
"iataNumber": "LX4652",
"icaoNumber": "SWR4652"
},

"codeshared": {
"name": "Air Canada",
"iataCode": "AC",
"icaoCode": "ACA"
},

"number": "8726",
"iataNumber": "AC8726",
"icaoNumber": "ACA8726"
}

}

},

I do not see the ICAO code for the aircraft type...? I really need that.

But furthermore I think 99 US Dollar/month it is way to expensive for the users of PSXT. I have had  lengthy discussions here with people that found the subscription for RealTraffic already too expensive.

Edited by kiek

i have one idea, the software: "AILivetraffic" is able to make a bgl file of planes that are flying in the moment of using p3d. This bgl file is built from the departure hour in UTC until maximum 6 hours of flight. That means that your update is goig to be great if using in combination with ailivetraffic.!

thanks for the update. 

i hope we could find a way to put live ai traffic on ground in the exact gate.

11 hours ago, abranpuko said:

i have one idea, the software: "AILivetraffic" is able to make a bgl file of planes that are flying in the moment of using p3d. This bgl file is built from the departure hour in UTC until maximum 6 hours of flight. That means that your update is goig to be great if using in combination with ailivetraffic.!

EDIT: Interesting indeed, but it will only work if liveries with correct registration codes are being used (but I assume that you as user have control over it, because they are using your liveries) and that they start/end at a gate.

EDIT: drawback, apart from the costs (3.50 US Dollar/month) you may only generate 2 flight plans per hour...

Looking forward to the results of your tests.

Edited by kiek

Interesting improvement (if possible). 
Will be following this.

Live and correct parking positions, would add so much immersion to the software, but I have a feeling, that it could be quite difficult to achieve, unless a common data-source is found.

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

16 hours ago, kiek said:

Well from an IT point of view it is not easy to interface with data at websites. One needs API's with clearly defined syntax and semantics.

I don't think that the idea of the OP is the way to go.

For airports that have no life aircraft ground coverage one can now use the new feature in 16.1.

Just install AIG and its flight plans and create  a good airport file by letting PSXT detect  the AI aircraft from AIG.

unfortunately not, but it does give you most of the time the flight number it arrived on.

The monthly subscription is a very small $1.49!

hope this is something that can be developed! thanks Nico

11 hours ago, captainjensen said:

hope this is something that can be developed! thanks Nico

I have no intention to let PXT grab data from websites.

However, any other person could write a small app that shields the user from the .xml stuff. For instance the user opens the FR24 web site and enters manually gate number, airline and type for each aircraft he/she wants to see. The app then translates the input to an airport file.

Or even better, write an app that grabs the data from the Fr24 website and produces an airport file automatically!

This all can take place outside PSXT.

52 minutes ago, kiek said:

I have no intention to let PXT grab data from websites.

However, any other person could write a small app that shields the user from the .xml stuff. For instance the user opens the FR24 web site and enters manually gate number, airline and type for each aircraft he/she wants to see. The app then translates the input to an airport file.

Or even better, write an app that grabs the data from the Fr24 website and produces an airport file automatically!

This all can take place outside PSXT.

both great ideas!

i will comprove my "AI LIVE TRAFFIC " suggestion but now im re-installing all my prepar3d, and more: all my windows 10. 

why?

yesterday night i flew in barcelona: all smooth and great 30 frames per second.

this morning, i get up, load the same, and just 20 frames. never more. i dont understand anything!. 

why frames change if i dont touch anything? (sorry, im angry)

Edited by abranpuko

18 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

why frames change if i dont touch anything? (sorry, im angry)

I have no idea at all. There are so many parameters involved. You have to find that out yourself...

Note that this can happen also without using PSXT. You can find a lot of threads about that in the P3D forum.