Sign in to follow this  
captainjensen

Live Traffic on Ground (suggestion)

28 minutes ago, kiek said:

I have no idea at all. There are so many parameters involved. You have to find that out yourself...

Note that this can happen also without using PSXT. You can find a lot of threads about that in the P3D forum.

you are true. im sure is not PSXT. 

it has to do something with drivers. anyway i will reinstall all. thanks again!

8 hours ago, abranpuko said:

both great ideas!

i will comprove my "AI LIVE TRAFFIC " suggestion but now im re-installing all my prepar3d, and more: all my windows 10. 

why?

yesterday night i flew in barcelona: all smooth and great 30 frames per second.

this morning, i get up, load the same, and just 20 frames. never more. i dont understand anything!. 

why frames change if i dont touch anything? (sorry, im angry)

Dusk and dawn use 2x video rendering

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

10 hours ago, kiek said:

I have no intention to let PXT grab data from websites.

However, any other person could write a small app that shields the user from the .xml stuff. For instance the user opens the FR24 web site and enters manually gate number, airline and type for each aircraft he/she wants to see. The app then translates the input to an airport file.

Or even better, write an app that grabs the data from the Fr24 website and produces an airport file automatically!

This all can take place outside PSXT.

Nico, you have done an amazing job so far so regardless we are better off with or without such a thing.

I would love to write an APP but have very little knowledge of programming otherwise I would gladly do so. I might try and commission a friend to do it.

My initial thought was just taking the data and pasting into a spreadsheet that could somehow be read. Perhaps a custom spread sheet that makes it easier to adjust certain criteria and that could be compiled by a simple app.

The reason FR24 data for on ground is really interesting is it captures traffic that are not frequent i.e. Copenhagen had the Crystal 777 and a Maersk Gulfstream the other day (this was captured by FR24 as on the ground traffic). Its also great for spotting diverted traffic as well.

I don't think an XML can be downloaded or linked unless you create a custom plan with them, but for $1.49 a month it copy be a simple copy and paste, convert and compile and voila you have the real aircraft currently on the ground!

I will speak to my friend and see if he is willing to help. I guess the program would have to read the ParkPos file of the selected airport and use the coordinates of the gates and override the traffic written (perhaps with some user input or an option of automation or manual gate selection)?

2 hours ago, captainjensen said:

I don't think an XML can be downloaded or linked unless you create a custom plan with them, but for $1.49 a month it copy be a simple copy and paste, convert and compile and voila you have the real aircraft currently on the ground!

Again, I don't see the ICAO code for the aircraft type in your API example. You really need that.

Edited by kiek

17 hours ago, kiek said:

Again, I don't see the ICAO code for the aircraft type in your API example. You really need that.

understood, this will most likely need to be converted. i.e. create a excel table that converts.takes the aircraft type into ICAO format and puts it into its own column. If I can, I will get my friend to help who could write this into the code instead of excel sheet.

In fact the ICAO code is there, its in the same column as the aircraft registration (I have highlighted it in bold):

13 Sep 4:13 PM (08 min ago) R44 (OY-HHD) Robinson R44 Raven II Private owner -  
13 Sep 4:02 PM (19 min ago) E195 (OY-GDB) Embraer ERJ-195LR Great Dane Airlines -  
13 Sep 4:00 PM (22 min ago) C525 (D-ILHC) Cessna 525 CitationJet CJ1+ Lufthansa Flight Training LH9973  
13 Sep 3:39 PM (43 min ago) CRJ9 (EI-FPK) Bombardier CRJ-900LR SAS SK1215

Edited by captainjensen

I was referring to your API example.

In the web site table the gate info is missing 

Edited by kiek

2 hours ago, kiek said:

I was referring to your API example.

In the web site table the gate info is missing 

I don't believe I mentioned API. The cheapest and only method I am mentioning is copying and pasting FR24 'on the ground traffic' which is in a table format.

Gate info is not available on any site as far as I know for all aircraft (including GA and Cargo) and limited to aircraft having there transponder on all the way to the gate if you want to capture it in real time (not always the case).

My proposal is purely to park known real live traffic currently on ground in its most accurate form. Gates could be assigned using flight number and data from PSXTraffic xml files that have captured movement previously and/or assign manually in clumps e.g.

EKCH

Parking Groups: 

Terminal 1 = Gates F2-F15

Cargo Ramp East = C12,C14,C15,C16

Flight Number & Aircraft Assignment: 

"SAS, CRJ9, SK458, Terminal 1"

"DHL, ALL, ALL, Cargo Ramp East" 

this would require the user to assign gates to a grouped area i.e. Terminal 1 (which they would have to define or download a shared file). Aircraft would park at the appropriate size gate based on ParkPos data. But once that is defined could make quick work assigning traffic in the future. Users could assign specific gates for specific flights but that would be up to them.

3 hours ago, captainjensen said:

Gate info is not available on any site as far as I know for all aircraft (including GA and Cargo)  ...

Here part of a post of another poster in this thread (he was talking about an API), it has gate info. You really need that if you want to make it real:

================================================================================================

PS: Here is an example of data you get from the API. Here I asked for departures timetable for YUL airport . This is only the first result:

[

{

"type": "departure",
"status": "scheduled",
"departure": {
"iataCode": "YUL",
"icaoCode": "CYUL",
"terminal": null,
"gate": "A30",
"baggage": null,
"delay": null,
"scheduledTime": "2019-09-14T18:00:00.000",
"estimatedTime": null,
"actualTime": null,
"estimatedRunway": null,
"actualRunway": null

},

Edited by kiek

5 hours ago, captainjensen said:

EKCH

Parking Groups: 

Terminal 1 = Gates F2-F15

Cargo Ramp East = C12,C14,C15,C16

Flight Number & Aircraft Assignment: 

"SAS, CRJ9, SK458, Terminal 1"

"DHL, ALL, ALL, Cargo Ramp East" 

For Fly Tampa EKCH P3D there already exists a very good airport file with life traffic parking data.