Sign in to follow this  
Alfred Gruetzner

MegaSceneryEarth Installation

Hi,
I live in 2 countries and fly FSX on 2 computers. I just have copied Utah Nevada and Arizona folders from FSX1 (where I installed the sceneries by installer) and pasted them on FSX2 and noticed that the scenery quality is very poor i.e.completely different from the one shown on FSX1
Question: Do I need to install MSE sceneries only by installer, that means copy and paste does not work?
Thanks a lot for your info and best regards
Alfred

11 hours ago, Alfred Gruetzner said:

Hi,
I live in 2 countries and fly FSX on 2 computers. I just have copied Utah Nevada and Arizona folders from FSX1 (where I installed the sceneries by installer) and pasted them on FSX2 and noticed that the scenery quality is very poor i.e.completely different from the one shown on FSX1
Question: Do I need to install MSE sceneries only by installer, that means copy and paste does not work?
Thanks a lot for your info and best regards
Alfred

Copying the files to another HDD should be okay as long as you are not using the scenery at the same time.  Make sure your fsx.cfg settings are the same and, if you changed the LOD to 6.5 on one computer you did on the other.  Check the Texture_Max_Load entry in the Graphics section and make sure it is set to 2048 or 4096 (1024 is the default).   I heard that if you copy the fsx.cfg from one computer to another, it may cause anomalies.  Same if you copy and paste the fsx.cfg from an old install and paste it into a new install.  Best you delete the fsx.cfg and let it rebuild on the second computer then make sure the settings are the same as on the first computer.  Don't forget to add the highmemfix=1 entry in the Graphics section.  For P3D and FSX, I link the scenery.cfg to the same folder. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just remembered PC Aviator incorporated a new installer for this scenery which requires proof of purchase.  Best to reinstall the scenery on the other computer.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Do not believe it is an issue due to the installer.  I have copied files manually.  If you manually copy the Megascenery Earth files then remember you must also manually add each scenery in the simulator's scenery library, and make sure the areas you plan to fly are activated before your flight.  

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Jim, hi Frank,

Thank you very much for your help. I think I complained too soon about the quality of the MSE sceneries I installed on FSX 2. Since I bought numerous sceneries from MSE and ORBX recently, I have overlooked that the beautiful scenery of the Monument valley comes from ORBX, which I forgot to install on FSX 2. By the way, I just have noticed. that the copy and paste method of MSE sceneries was already successful on FSX 2 So no problem with that  method.

With many  thanks again and best regards

Alfred

• Like 1