Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Orbx Releases Cityscape Honolulu for Prepar3D v4

This release is a day late and a dollar short. There's a freeware photo scenery of all the Hawaiian islands that is as good as payware.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

This release is a day late and a dollar short. There's a freeware photo scenery of all the Hawaiian islands that is as good as payware.

Where is that located? 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

If anybody tries to use this together with the freeware Hawaiian photoscenery that's available, I'd be interested to hear about it! I think OrbX Honolulu + FSDT PHNL + Freeware photoscenery would make for an amazing package...

EDIT: @Bobsk8 This is the photoscenery that got mentioned: https://www.flight-sim-jewels.com/hawaii-photoreal/

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I have installed Orbx Honolulu. It does give instructions to make FSDT PHNL compatable as well as the scenery from Flight Sim Jewels. I chose to delete the Flight Sim Jewels scenery. I think it is fantastic and I am getting excellent FPS and performance!

Greg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

15 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

I have installed Orbx Honolulu. It does give instructions to make FSDT PHNL compatable as well as the scenery from Flight Sim Jewels. I chose to delete the Flight Sim Jewels scenery. I think it is fantastic and I am getting excellent FPS and performance!

Greg

If I understand correctly this installs only with Orbx Central?

Installed it last night and flew around the island a couple times.  I'm using it with FSDT PHNL with no issues.  It's absolutely beautiful.  Hi FPS and smoooootttthhh.  Wish Orlando had this performance!

Yes, you need Orbx Central

• Like 2

Got it and it's great and I am surprised at the really good performance. I don't use FSDT (even though I own it) or the freeware island addon, this is plenty for me and it looks really good. I would love a better AFCAD for the default PHNL, but maybe that will show up before long.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

If I have to go with Central v 4 to buy, then its a no go for me.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

I’m not surprised the performance is good. Hawaii and smaller islands in general tend to perform very well since there’s not much going on out there.

I find Orlando is fairly demanding area even with no addons. I had to tweak the Orlando orbx scenery to get it to perform ok. It combined with T2G MCO don’t perform well at all. 

Edited by JasonPC

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

There's a freeware photo scenery of all the Hawaiian islands that is as good as payware

I've got that freeware photoscenery, and while it is good, it's nowhere near as nice as this Cityscape from ORBX. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Greg

What are the procedure to get this scenery to work with FSDT PHNL since it appears to add another airport AFACD? 

Chris Camp

17 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

What are the procedure to get this scenery to work with FSDT PHNL since it appears to add another airport AFACD? 

In the Honolulu Configuration, just tick the box that FSDT PHNL is installed.

Jack

16 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

There are clear instructions in the user guide, it's just 3 files. You do need to select in the Configuration that you have FSDT HNL and it will disable the Cityscape PHNL afcad.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

It's way more of you have FSJ's (beautiful) Hawaii installed. Installed today, will give it a spin tomorrow.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else