Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Orbx Releases Cityscape Honolulu for Prepar3D v4

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

I've got that freeware photoscenery, and while it is good, it's nowhere near as nice as this Cityscape from ORBX. 

That's fair. I would like to see the coastline pics of the ORBX version. So far I like the coastline of the freeware version. I will certainly look to add it while its on sale. Thanks!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Are you guys confirming that this can't be purchased on line, then downloaded via FTX v3?

Can someone please post some comparison coastline pics of ORBX version? Thanks!

Here's my pics of the freeware Oahu:

Update. I just checked the FTX forums and I saw some pics. They did not look very good at all. I have a feeling that something is wrong with the user's installation because it looks more like default.

Edited by DJJose

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Are you guys confirming that this can't be purchased on line, then downloaded via FTX v3?

I'm interested in this aspect as well. Don't really feel like installing ORBX Central yet.

There’s no way I’m purchasing any ORBX products until they fix multiple issues currently going on. Central 4 is still a disaster and is required if you want to purchase Hawaii not to mention outstanding issues with AU2.

They have gone way downhill in my opinion and I may well have bought my last product from them unless things are turned around very smartly.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

They just upgraded Central 4 and I do not see where you can purchase Cityscape Honolulu for P3DV4.  So it appears you must first purchase the product on their site and then load Central and go to your products and download and install.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

That's odd Jim did you click on north america its under cities on the left hand side of the screen?

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I purchased it last night directly from Central 4, so, not sure what happened in your case.  

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Off topic, how do we get ORBX Central to install using the old scenery.cfg method? I'm attempting to install it now but it keeps asking for me to create my first library? But my understanding is that I DON"T WANT to create a libary as that is what was causing all those issues?

I haven't wanted to install Central but being from Honolulu, I really want this scenery.

45 minutes ago, Silverbird said:

That's odd Jim did you click on north america its under cities on the left hand side of the screen?

28 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

I purchased it last night directly from Central 4, so, not sure what happened in your case.  

I showed P3D as my sim, then went down to Oceania and, under cities, it showed only Gold Coast and Canberra available (Portland, which I own, was not listed as an available product).  I do see it is listed under North America/Cities but thought Honolulu Cityscape would be shown under Oceania.  Not sure why I thought that...  In any case, after purchase, I opened Central 4 and it immediately identified the purchase and I installed it as well as the Orbx Libraries.  Also install FSDT PHNL and modified it as discussed in their guide for compatibility.  Works great and impressed with the detail.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I got it all sorted and installed as well. Very nice scenery!

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

I would like to see the coastline pics of the ORBX version. So far I like the coastline of the freeware version.

I don't have any screens, but looking at the photoreal freeware there's definitely more life to the shoreline because of the surf captured in the photoreal.  Other than that, I'm not much of a photoreal fan so this release is a good upgrade. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

The announcement stated that airports were improved as well.  Does this include Honolulu airport?  How does it stack up to the FSDT version (which I don’t own.)

Actually Honolulu Airport looks pretty close to default really. Maybe some minor changes here or there, but a little disappointing that Orbx didn't update this airport. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

The manuals contains a process that needs to be done to ensure compatibility with FSDT.  

Overall the package it very nice, FPS friendly since it's an Island (I can max everything out + some tweaks and still lock to 30 FPS).  I'll do a quick video if anyone is interested.  I just wish it were more than just one Island Oahu.

No, FSDT version is better.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes please Rob! 😁

Murray Dreyer