Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Orbx Releases Cityscape Honolulu for Prepar3D v4

Would love them to do the other islands especially Maui next!

Would Make for some beautiful island hoping and could even manage your own virtual island tours airway!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

You can merge Cityscape Honolulu with FDJ's Oahu. There's a file-by-file in Honolulu's manual. Supposedly it's not 100 % perfect, but from a first look I could only see the different colours of the sat pics (FSJ's is brighter).

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Are you all sure FSDT is better, with its sunken wheels into the tarmac, which drives me crazy?

Lee

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

So, after a counter clockwise flight along Oaho's coastline, I must say the combination of ORBX's Honolulu with FSJ's Oahu is a winner. Performance, visuals, immersion - everything is superb. Wish we had the whole FS world in this quality. Small inconsistencies concerning the auto-gen are all I noticed. Off to the next island!

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Does anyone know where I can pick up a legal copy of Aerosoft's Hawaii Dillingham X by Bill Womack? There is reference to it in the ORBX Honolulu manual.

As is usual on the internet there are ample references to it in the shady shareware/freeware websites but nothing apparently from the usual sources. It is a pity that it is not released as freeware if no longer for sale.

Edited by LecLightning56

3 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Does anyone know where I can pick up a legal copy of Aerosoft's Hawaii Dillingham X by Bill Womack?

I emailed him, and he says that sales for the (13 year old) product were so slow it wasn't worth it anymore. Maybe he will reconsider, as Hawaii was brought to new FS-life thanks to recent releases.

Best regards, Dimitrios

3 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Are you all sure FSDT is better, with its sunken wheels into the tarmac, which drives me crazy?

A default airport is way more of an immersion killer imo than having the wheels sunken 2-4 inches.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

22 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

A default airport is way more of an immersion killer imo than having the wheels sunken 2-4 inches.

No, this looks terrible, it's always bothered me. Why can't they fix it?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

24 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

I emailed him, and he says that sales for the (13 year old) product were so slow it wasn't worth it anymore. Maybe he will reconsider, as Hawaii was brought to new FS-life thanks to recent releases.

Yes, let's hope with the resurgence of interest in Hawaii he relents to add to our enjoyment of the great scenery on offer!

P.S. Saddened to hear about the skydiving accident there recently.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:54 AM, DJJose said:

This release is a day late and a dollar short. There's a freeware photo scenery of all the Hawaiian islands that is as good as payware.

I think its worth the money honestly.

Edited by Silverbird
  • Upvote 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

No, this looks terrible, it's always bothered me. Why can't they fix it?

Meh, you've really got to get up super close to your own aircraft or AI for it to be even noticeable imo, yet all around you are the major details of the actual airport. 

y4mryELv6Zd7JML02x_OqXz-y5HaP_rkcdgEMmnl

• Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

19 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

The manuals contains a process that needs to be done to ensure compatibility with FSDT.  

Overall the package it very nice, FPS friendly since it's an Island (I can max everything out + some tweaks and still lock to 30 FPS).  I'll do a quick video if anyone is interested.  I just wish it were more than just one Island Oahu.

No, FSDT version is better.

Cheers, Rob.

When is your beast rig not locked at 30! lol...scrambles away jealous. 

8 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

I too would like a legal copy! Maybe with enough interest we can get a P3D installer? 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Well wow, this must be the most positive set of comments Iv'e heard about an Orbx release in the last few months or so. Will definitely buy it, though I'll hold out for another sale. Even though I've been led to understand there will be no more, you never know...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Loving it so Far..!

Anyone else getting the Star shaped cruise ships just off the coast though?  Heard this is a known issue?

Anyway to fix it?

Otherwise superb scenery!!!

Chris Camp