Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Orbx Releases Cityscape Honolulu for Prepar3D v4

Anyone getting corrupted scenery/terrain textures around PHHI and Honolulu International?

Danny

Danny

Gonna have to add this to my sim tonight. 

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

On 9/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

A performance look ... includes with and without FSDT PHNL ... dusk, day, night, etc.

Graphics, add-on used in video and video description has skip to points.  Longer than I had planned, guess I got carried away.

Cheers, Rob.

Beautiful!!!!

And never dips below 30fps!

What are your system specs to run it so smoothly?

Chris Camp

4 hours ago, DannyR said:

Anyone getting corrupted scenery/terrain textures around PHHI and Honolulu International?

Are you sure that you've disabled any conflicting ade's for those airports?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi Dave.  Yes, I have ensured that no other ades for those airports are active.  Also, the corruption isn't at the airports, it is in the area of the airport.  It is far enough away from the airport to not be associated with the airport ade.

Danny

Danny

1 hour ago, DannyR said:

It is far enough away from the airport to not be associated with the airport ade.

What about any FSJ scenery for Oahu? Their extra content scenery folder has all sorts of additional files that can cause issues on the Island.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Wonderful, thanks for this find, Rob. Just shows once more how annoying it can be to run two addons alongside each other. I am pretty sure that I will forget about this several times resulting in several restarts of P3D just to "fix" this... really annoying...

I usually run the FSDT updater just before each and every simming session...

No workaround for this? Does ORBX Central not offer the disabling of those three files like other control panel are capable of (e.g. Flightbeam Control panel)? This would make it at least a little bit easier: 1. start the FSDT updater, 2. start ORBX Central and Central corrects the three files again, 3. start the sim and everything is fine...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Does ORBX Central not offer the disabling of those three files like other control panel are capable of (e.g. Flightbeam Control panel)?

Yes it does, eg Orbx product control panel.

Edited by Reader

Ok, then it should work, no? Simply run ORBX Central AFTER using the FSDT updater and disable the three files again. At least, thanks for the heads up, this saves some minutes digging into the folder and disabling the files manually... So, ORBX Central is at least useful for something ;-)

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Just an FYI on the FSDT Honolulu compatibility with ORBX ... any time FSDT does a Live Update, those three FSDT Honolulu files, that Orbx recommend to disable, will get re-enabled.  So if you run a FSDT Live Update be sure to revisit the 3 files and set them to .OFF.

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

No workaround for this?

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Yes it does, eg Orbx product control panel.

Solution:
In the folder containing the 3 files, create a blank file called DONTUPDATE without any file type extension, e.g. xxxxxx.txt

How you achieve this no extension (in case you don't already know) is to open the Windows Notepad program (or similar) and save the blank file using Save As with the name "DONTUPDATE". Use the quote marks in the file name to prevent a file suffix from being added.
Place this file in every folder that you don't want FSDT's Live Updater to touch.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/549348-fsdts-kjfkv2/?do=findComment&comment=3964648

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

So if you run a FSDT Live Update be sure to revisit the 3 files and set them to .OFF.

Yes, this information is in the Orbx Honolulu manual too as that is the first thing I always read before using a product....

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Solution:
In the folder containing the 3 files, create a blank file called DONTUPDATE without any file type extension, e.g. xxxxxx.txt

How you achieve this no extension (in case you don't already know) is to open the Windows Notepad program (or similar) and save the blank file using Save As with the name "DONTUPDATE". Use the quote marks in the file name to prevent a file suffix from being added.
Place this file in every folder that you don't want FSDT's Live Updater to touch.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/549348-fsdts-kjfkv2/?do=findComment&comment=3964648

You don't want to do that because there are other FSDT files for PHNL that will need to be updated as FSDT improves them. Just remember to adjust the 3 files every time you run the FSDT update.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

11 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

What about any FSJ scenery for Oahu? Their extra content scenery folder has all sorts of additional files that can cause issues on the Island.

I finally got it working.  I uninstalled then reinstalled all of my addons.  Now, for some unclear reason the scenery works fine.  Must have been a corrupted file somewhere.  

Thanks for your help.

Danny

Danny

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Yes, this information is in the Orbx Honolulu manual too as that is the first thing I always read before using a product....

Yes the ORBX config does not touch the 3 additional files that need to be turned off!

The config exempts FSDT PHNL AFCAD automatically if selected but does not aleter the theee additional FSDT .BGL files in the aforementioned folder.  These still need to be marked as .OFF after every FSDT Live update and is specifically stated so in the ORBX manual for their Honolulu cityscape.

Hopefully FSDT can amend their live update to do this automatically if Orbx Honolulu is installed...

Just to clear confusion for those considering purchase.

Regards

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

16 minutes ago, DannyR said:

I finally got it working.  I uninstalled then reinstalled all of my addons.  Now, for some unclear reason the scenery works fine.  Must have been a corrupted file somewhere.  

Thanks for your help.

Danny

Did you have the known black night tiles showing up during the day?

Its a well known ORBX issue with a corrupted install and is fixable by deleting and reinstalling ORBX Vector LC and/or NA LC.

Chris Camp