Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Orbx Releases Cityscape Honolulu for Prepar3D v4

8 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Just remember to adjust the 3 files every time you run the FSDT update.

Agreed, it takes less than a minute to do which is FAR less time than running the live update and doesn't need to get done all that often.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Glad to see this.  I'll be buying it for certain.

A few years ago I posted a thread wondering why no one had taken on the Hawaiian Island Chain - it's been one of my favorite areas to fly in since Level-D's 767 first came out.

I wish there was a Hawaiian Airlines Livery for PMDG's 737....even though HA went the Airbus route instead several years ago.

Mark

On 9/17/2019 at 8:59 AM, DannyR said:

I finally got it working.  I uninstalled then reinstalled all of my addons.  Now, for some unclear reason the scenery works fine.  Must have been a corrupted file somewhere.  

Thanks for your help.

Danny

So I'm seeing lots of different information right now regarding the FSJ Extra Content Scenery folder. Has anyone found the need to disable any files in this folder? @DannyR you indicated you just reinstalled the the FSJ package.

Orbx did a great job indicating what the files were in the Oahu island folder that needed adjusted and even the airport packages folder, but not so much the Extra Content Scenery folder. Looked at the forums on FSJ and they haven't been updated in quite some time. Any tips from folks here in the forums?

I do not think Orbx has any obligation to tell you what files need to be disabled for a freeware product like the FSJ package.  I think someone provided info about the package and you can download it and install it or not.  I did not install FSJ.  You might want to adjust the insert point in your FTX settings so that FSJ is above the other FTX scenery though.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

My apologies @Jim Young I was not trying to suggest that Orbx was required to provided technical support for FSJ. I meant my comment as complimentary to them for including what files needed to be disabled in the Oahu FSJ island folder and Hawaiian Airports folder. I was more seeking clarification from the community here if there were any additional files that anyone discovered in the Extra Content Scenery folder from FSJ that needed disabled. 

Orbx stated that there are potentially files in the folder that need disabled, however some users are saying its not necessary to disable anything. Just seeking clarification as to people's experiences 🙂

21 hours ago, 53graham said:

Search for Ian Besemer / PMDG in the AVSIM library.

Thanks!  Actually found this a few hours ago before reading this here just now.  The Hawaiian (fictional) 737 livery looks good!

Just purchased the Cityscape Honolulu - but I get a message saying "There are no downloads for this product" though.  I guess I'll pull down FTX Central 4 and see if that resolves this issue.   Also couldn't find the disk space requirements after a couple of google searches but I think I'll be OK.

Mark

Cityscape Honolulu uses 3.9GB. 

4 hours ago, Bt103504 said:

Orbx stated that there are potentially files in the folder that need disabled, however some users are saying its not necessary to disable anything. Just seeking clarification as to people's experiences

I simply disabled the entire FSJ - Hawaii Extra Contents as well as the FSJ - Hawaii Photoreal Vol. 1 - Niihau, Kauai & Oahu v.0.99 folders. The extra content folder has all sorts of files that pertain to Oahu. Just keeps it simple.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I didn't change more than in the manual. I'm not a local, but apart from a few minor auto-gen issues, it seems to be fine, even with extra content.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else