Let's speculate about the default aircraft in FS2020

We have already seen a lot of default aircrafts :

- DR400
- TBM 9XX
- A321
- Icon A5
- X Cub
- DA-62

That's already a nice choice of aircraft !

Study level aircraft are normally payware! (or not?) 

We also need a few default 'Low 'n Slow' aircraft to appreciate the scenery.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

2 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Study level aircraft are normally payware! (or not?) 

We also need a few default 'Low 'n Slow' aircraft to appreciate the scenery.

Yes of course. What I wanted to state is, that as long as there are no study level planes developped and useable (developped by externals like PMDG, FSLabs or somethin simular) then I won´t buy it. Without these planes, which I probably have to buy seperate of course, it will be no funfactor for me. My primary reason is the reality of the flights and the planes handling, secondary is the world around them. That is why. Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Low and slow:  The Icon A5 and X-Cub will fill that profile nicely.  I'm also hoping for a Stearman and the sightseeing missions to go with them from Microsoft Flight.  The Stearman is a good low and slow plane.  For the ultimate in a "motorcycle with wings" the Breezy or Air Cam would be excellent, or a 1912 era Curtis Pusher.  None of these would be default. 🙂 

Study level sims:  There is a definite market for PMDG (and others) for in-depth high and fast aircraft.  It's unlikely that companies making those kinds of aircraft will be sitting on their hands.  Expect one of these at or very shortly after release, as the companies will have plenty of lead time to develop them.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I was thinking about older aircraft, Grumman Goose, DH's, a bi-plane & other steam gauged aeries.. not modern craft at all. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

11 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

I was thinking about older aircraft, Grumman Goose, DH's, a bi-plane & other steam gauged aeries.. not modern craft at all. 

I wouldn't have considered the Goose or Beaver as low and slow myself, and I've got more hours in those two than any other aircraft in the sim.  Well, not including the DC-3 at the moment and I've got a lot of hours in various incarnations of the Stearman.

I prefer radial engines and steam gauges to modern aircraft.

We might get the Stearman from Flight, I'm hoping for a Beaver, but I don't hope much hope for the others as default aircraft.  

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

On 9/17/2019 at 9:50 PM, Learjet777 said:

I think we will get helicopters and float planes. I have no idea when though? I do hope they are in the initial release with some cool missions and/or tutorials though, for beginners and me, like FSX. I still fly those stupid GREEN square tutorials once in awhile in the mission area just for the heck of it. And I still enjoy it too for a change once in awhile. You know where you go through the GREEN gates 🙂

Glad we got the super cub on floats in FSW before it went down. Still having a lot of fun with it. Very good aircraft in both MS Flight and FSW, Hope to see some of those carried forward.

Do you think there will be more than the ones already known ??

I guess the list is already complete.

1 hour ago, n666eo said:

Do you think there will be more than the ones already known ??

I guess the list is already complete.

The simulator description says:

Coming 2020, Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions.

We didn't see any wide-body jets yet, so I would guess there are still planes to be shown.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

17 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

We didn't see any wide-body jets yet, so I would guess there are still planes to be shown.

I sincerely hope so!