Sign in to follow this  
carbonbasedlifeform

Let's speculate about the default aircraft in FS2020

More or less than FSX? What types? Which ones specifically? How many will be "study-level" if any? Will some be made by third parties?

Personally I hope they have as many as FSX even though the default aircraft weren't great in hindsight. FSX had enough to give people a taste of everything. For example, there should be a glider even though its not the most popular aircraft. I'm glad it looks like they have the carbon cub (or another cub). Obviously there's a few GA planes already. There's got to be at least one airliner. 

Which ones have been confirmed by marketing information? DA-6. Cub. Which one is in the African clip?

• Airbus A321
  • Beechcraft Baron 58
  • Beechcraft King Air 350
  • Boeing 737-400
  • Boeing 747-400
  • Boeing 777-300
  • Bell 206 JetRanger
  • Cessna 152
  • Cessna 172 Skylawk
  • Cessna 208 Grand caravan
  • Douglas DC-3
  • Extra EA300
  • Money Bravo
  • Learjet 35

I don't think any will be study level, not like we are used to with PMDG.

• Like 1

Matthew S

I don't think we're going to be lucky enough to get all those, though if we do it would be great!

Plus, from what we've seen, we know there will be some others. like the Icon, etc

Edited by andyjohnston.net

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Frankly the only aircraft I want (someday) is a study level 767... like the old Level D, maybe they will make a return for FS2020?! 

Would be amazing to fly it into St Maarten in FS2020, with the rain effects, clouds, lighting and scenery!

Check out this...

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 1

Matthew S

If pmdg and a2a make it in , that's all I need ☺

ZORAN

They show the X-Cub in a few of the videos. It's extremely hard to read it on the bottom of the aircraft but I must have paused the cubs many, many times, until I could read it on the bottom of the aircraft which makes me very happy as a person who just bought the Carbon Cub EX for XP-11 🙂 

Here it is:

2019-09-15_2113

I hope we get close to the FSX amount of planes but doubt it. We haven't seen:

X-Cub Floats

Helicopter A Bell and that Coast Guard one at least

Learjet 45

Glider 

Was it called a Goose?

C-172

Did we have a P-51?

Airbus

Boeing

An Executive jet Citation 500 I think it is called would be really cool!

We have to have a variety of planes, maybe not study level, but really good default  aircraft for 2020  ( let the 3rd party handle most of them ) for our missions 🙂

I just need to look in FSX again. And I hope we get a lot of liveries with the default aircraft! I can't wait to fly the X-Cub, I hope it is amazing 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Microsoft Flight had an excellent selection of small planes:  Van's RV, Maule, Icon A5, Super Cub, Stearman.  The rest didn't have cockpits.

Need to add a helicopter or two, a sailplane, a business jet (Lear or Gulfstream or whatever) and a couple of airliners.  Possibly a good ultralight.  At least one high performance aerobatic plane.  Obviously the standard trainers like the Cessna 172.  Someone's gonna want both piston and jet warplanes.

I personally like radial engines and steam gauges:  Grumman Goose (my favorite FSX aircraft), Beaver, DC-3.  Something with character.

Looking forward to seeing the default lineup, and even more to seeing what third party developers give us.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Note that Cessna (who now owns Beechcraft.. King Air, Baron, etc) is extremely aggressive and expensive licensing-wise.  I would be surprised of ANY of their aircraft showed up as a default.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

9 minutes ago, WarpD said:

Note that Cessna (who now owns Beechcraft.. King Air, Baron, etc) is extremely aggressive and expensive licensing-wise.  I would be surprised of ANY of their aircraft showed up as a default.

You really believe that the Cessna in their spin video is already an add-on?

From past iterations, I mostly fly the default aircraft when waiting for good payware.  A versatile Maule would suit me fine. 

However, I would also be glad to have some of the FS9 oldies we’ll never see otherwise, brought back, like the DH88 Comet, the Ford Trimotor or the Vickers Vimy. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Unless there is a significant improvement to the default flight dynamics (for smaller aircraft) and significant detailing of systems  (for large aircraft) - which is unlikely,  it's all a bit of a waste of time.  People will fly them for a bit and move on to the first payware aircraft once released.  But a good stock of well modeled aircraft would be good for AI

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WarpD said:

Note that Cessna (who now owns Beechcraft.. King Air, Baron, etc) is extremely aggressive and expensive licensing-wise. 

You mean Textron, right?

From wikipedia:

Textron Inc. is an American industrial conglomerate based in Providence, Rhode Island. Textron's subsidiaries include Arctic Cat, Bell Helicopter, Textron Aviation (which itself includes the Beechcraft, Hawker and Cessna brands), and Lycoming Engines. 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Unless there is a significant improvement to the default flight dynamics (for smaller aircraft) and significant detailing of systems  (for large aircraft) - which is unlikely,  it's all a bit of a waste of time.  

Since even the 172 apparently spins, I doubt that e.g.the beautiful CAP will be disappointing concerning the FDE.

1 minute ago, FDEdev said:

Since even the 172 apparently spins, I doubt that e.g.the beautiful CAP will be disappointing concerning the FDE.

Based on that video, there is hope that flight dynamics has improved - especially being a specially featured aspect in their Discovery Series.  But until it's categorically stated as fact, it's not fact.