Sign in to follow this  
Nigel

Review of the New HTC Vive Cosmos

Came across this as am buying a VR Headset next month after a long time watching various reviews on You Tube however, I came across the new HTC Vive Cosmos but at the price, it is very expensive in comparison to other makes, $699 or £699 

I have chosen to go for the Oculus Rift 'S' but even this has made to stop and think.  I do not know much about VR apart from what I have read so what are your views on this?

Regards

Nigel.

Edited by Nigel

I'm seriously looking at this myself. It has much higher resolution than the Rift S as well as better refresh rate and includes IPD adjustment in case your eyes aren't the standard 65mm or so apart. Are you not thinking about the Reverb if you consider this though?

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14966-hp-has-solved-the-flickering-issue-of-reverb/&postID=83864#post83864

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Hello Spit40, for me it is a bit of a jungle knowing which one to go for.  I have thought about the Rift 'S' as that appears to be quite good.  I mainly fly X-Plane 11 as well as Dirt Rally and rFactor1 racing but with the forthcoming release of the Vive cosmos the price is putting me well and truly off.

My budget is set for around £400 and no more as being a pensioner I do not want to stretch my finances any further than that as earlier this year bought a new computer from Scan i7-900K and have 32GB RAM and a GTX 2070.

If you have any ideas on VR for me that would be very helpful though tend to think that in time, the Valve Index will come down in price in line with other competitors.  Maybe it's just me but the price tag of £699 is waaay too much to consider no matter how good it is.

Regards

Nigel.