Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

CPU Core 0 Usage at 100%

3 hours ago, Xingent said:

After "touching" affinity using PowerShell script (my previous comments), the results for the above situations are:
        1. VRS Superbug Outside Spot view  -> 45 FPS =  Total CPU load: 6%,  CPU 0 load: 3%
        2. VRS Superbug virtual cockpit view  -> 21 FPS =  Total CPU load: 7%, CPU 0 load: 3%    
 GPU load was about 33% - so that another question for this case for this case:

With such a low GPU & CPU load why FPS is not getting higher?
One possibility: P3Dv4 is falsely detecting CPU 0 100% load and throttles FPS.

Another possibility is that your "fix" confuses P3D to the point where all LM's efforts are out the window..  My suggestion: Stop "touching".. it is like picking a scab, it will never get better that way..  :cool:

Bert

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Another possibility is that your "fix" confuses P3D to the point where all LM's efforts are out the window..  My suggestion: Stop "touching".. it is like picking a scab, it will never get better that way..  :cool:

Nothing gets confused and P3D gets to run unchanged or  better. The only thing that changes is that Resource Monitor does not show 100% load on CPU 0 anymore. But, I understand that "touching" may wake up some feelings, in readers, I mean. Fortunately I found a simpler method that solves the CPU 0 problem. Having P3D running just open Task Manager -> Details - > Prepar3D.exe -> Set affinity and immediately close Task Manager windows without changing anything. No tweaking, no touching, nothing - just looking at it is enough. It helps equally well for both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5. And "looking" without "touching" will not offend anybody.:cool:

13 minutes ago, Xingent said:

Having P3D running just open Task Manager -> Details - > Prepar3D.exe -> Set affinity

Lucky you!  You are the guy with the magical Task Manager!

14 minutes ago, Xingent said:

Nothing gets confused and P3D gets to run unchanged or  better. The only thing that changes is that Resource Monitor does not show 100% load on CPU 0 anymore. But, I understand that "touching" may wake up some feelings, in readers, I mean. Fortunately I found a simpler method that solves the CPU 0 problem. Having P3D running just open Task Manager -> Details - > Prepar3D.exe -> Set affinity and immediately close Task Manager windows without changing anything. No tweaking, no touching, nothing - just looking at it is enough. It helps equally well for both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5. And "looking" without "touching" will not offend anybody.:cool:

This is the same snake oil that has been offered up for ages..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Had settings for P3D4.5 - core 0,1,2 ( set by Process Lasso )

Core 0 had 100% load all the time.

Changed affinity for core 1,2,3 and noticed quite even load and no 100%.

Added core 0 to already set cores 1,2,3 and core 0 was loaded less than others.

Artur