Sign in to follow this  
vl1

AISmooth (AI separation app) analogue in P3D

I moved from fs2004 to p3d. I had Aismooth which separated the incoming AI traffic. What is the best alternatice for FSX? Thank you!

Agree that STB is  great way to manage it, i have it on another PC and i can quickly fix taxiway blocks etc with it.

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

3 hours ago, DocPadds said:

Agree that STB is  great way to manage it, i have it on another PC and i can quickly fix taxiway blocks etc with it.

I also have it but didn't know it did anything except show arrivals and departures.

How does that work.(Fixing problems)?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

@vl1
If you have the patience to set it up, there's the freeware program AI Controller.

Keep reading after my initial post in the thread linked below:

There are two developers (FSReborn and FSSI) working on separate programs that control AI in P3D. Fingers crossed both of them can get programs that finally make AI behave properly in our sim!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

14 hours ago, vl1 said:

I moved from fs2004 to p3d. I had Aismooth which separated the incoming AI traffic. What is the best alternatice for FSX? Thank you!

I've actually got AISmooth working fine in P3DV4 sitting on a client machine talking via WideFS. I wouldn't say that it's perfect at separating the traffic, but it certainly appears better than without it. 

If it were not for the time it takes to get AI Controller to set up I would say it is a better solution, but It takes $5,000 in my TIME to set it up properly/acceptably - so I prefer $25 for STB and less than $1 of my time - all automatic. More flying, less hassle with STB

4 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

I've actually got AISmooth working fine in P3DV4 sitting on a client machine talking via WideFS. I wouldn't say that it's perfect at separating the traffic, but it certainly appears better than without it. 

WideFS is 24 Euro - also too expensive for the OP??? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

There are two developers (FSReborn and FSSI) working on separate programs that control AI in P3D. Fingers crossed both of them can get programs that finally make AI behave properly in our sim!

Thanks :), However the OP is not willing to pay for a solution.. He is very lucky that I am planning something special for people like him :wink:  more news soon.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, pracines said:

WideFS is 24 Euro - also too expensive for the OP??? 🤷‍♂️

You don't need WideFS to run AISmooth if AISmooth is installed locally to P3D. I was only using this as an example of my setup running AISmooth on a client machine. 

1 hour ago, garydpoole said:

You don't need WideFS to run AISmooth if AISmooth is installed locally to P3D. I was only using this as an example of my setup running AISmooth on a client machine. 

Curious as to why you say "you actually got AI Smooth working fine in P3Dv4", rather than just say 'AI Smooth works fine in P3Dv4, just install as run as usual'?

I get the impression from your statement you had to do something more than just place the ZIP file(s) in a (the Modules) directory and run the EXE as per the installation instructions.

9 minutes ago, pracines said:

Curious as to why you say "you actually got AI Smooth working fine in P3Dv4", rather than just say 'AI Smooth works fine in P3Dv4, just install as run as usual'?

I get the impression from your statement you had to do something more than just place the ZIP file(s) in a (the Modules) directory and run the EXE as per the installation instructions.

Because the implication (or at least, my inference) was that the OP thought that it was only usable in FSX, and not P3DV4. Hence, they were looking for an alternative to do the same job.

guys, don't mean to be rude, but you have posted 15 messages and NOTHING useful!

Who has managed to start AISmooth, please be so kind to say what to do. Thank you!

50 minutes ago, vl1 said:

guys, don't mean to be rude, but you have posted 15 messages and NOTHING useful!

Who has managed to start AISmooth, please be so kind to say what to do. Thank you!

USE AISMOOTH IN ANY (FS9 FSX P3D) FLIGHT SIM - IT WORKS, according to Gary.

Is that useful enough?

it doesn't. I just tried it and i did so after switching to p3d. It sees the fsuipc but it says ZERO aircraft being monitored