Sign in to follow this  
BerndB

Anoying "pong" sound on every keypress

Hi, usually i have PF3 in use together with MCE wich works great so far. I have just a little issue with an anoying sound that´s played on every keypress while in flight. The sound is the same, that is played on some keypress in the GUI of PF3, though i think it´s related to PF3 rather then MCE.

Everything works normal like , setup the flightplan, load into PF3 connect to P3D, but once i´ve connected PF3-ATC to P3D having MCE loaded, from then on every time i press a key on the P3D PC i get to hear that "pong" is played. No matter which key (s-key for the views, .-for the brakes etc.)
As far i have tested it only happens when MCE is already loaded in P3D at that time when i connect the PF3 to the SIM. (PF3 application is already running). 
If i connect the PF3 FP to P3D without MCE is running and start MCE after PF3 connection, there is no "pong" played. 

Has anyone an idea what could cause this issue? 

I´ve raised the same thread in PF3 forum because both apps can be responsible.

reg.
Bernd

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

@BerndB

Hi,

Have you tried to uncheck the "Beep whenever a hotkey is detected" option?

Click on PF3 "Advanced Options and INI file Tweaks" then uncheck the "Beep whenever a hotkey is detected".

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

27 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

@BerndB

Hi,

Have you tried to uncheck the "Beep whenever a hotkey is detected" option?

Click on PF3 "Advanced Options and INI file Tweaks" then uncheck the "Beep whenever a hotkey is detected".

Richard

Hi Richard,

this option is disabled in my ini anyway.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

On 9/17/2019 at 2:49 PM, BerndB said:

Hi, usually i have PF3 in use together with MCE wich works great so far. I have just a little issue with an anoying sound that´s played on every keypress while in flight. The sound is the same, that is played on some keypress in the GUI of PF3, though i think it´s related to PF3 rather then MCE.

Everything works normal like , setup the flightplan, load into PF3 connect to P3D, but once i´ve connected PF3-ATC to P3D having MCE loaded, from then on every time i press a key on the P3D PC i get to hear that "pong" is played. No matter which key (s-key for the views, .-for the brakes etc.)
As far i have tested it only happens when MCE is already loaded in P3D at that time when i connect the PF3 to the SIM. (PF3 application is already running). 
If i connect the PF3 FP to P3D without MCE is running and start MCE after PF3 connection, there is no "pong" played. 

Has anyone an idea what could cause this issue? 

I´ve raised the same thread in PF3 forum because both apps can be responsible.

reg.
Bernd

I don't know for sure

The "pong" usually happens when a key is sent to a window and the latter happens to be out of focus.

In any vase, update to latest, check again and we'll take things from there.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, FS++ said:

The "pong" usually happens when a key is sent to a window and the latter happens to be out of focus.

Indeed Gerald, this is exactly the situation how it apears.

I´ve updated to the latest build and voilà, no "poing" anymore. I´ve tested it with having MCE already running at that moment when i connect the PF3-FP to the SIM and again by starting MCE afterwards. Both situations the SIM stayed quiet. I´am happy now and thank you very much for the quick help.

reg. Bernd

Bernd

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, FS++ said:

In any vase, update to latest,

wouldn´t it be an Option to build an update check into MCE?

• Upvote 1

Bernd

16 minutes ago, BerndB said:

wouldn´t it be an Option to build an update check into MCE?

Can probably be done.

But since day one, we elected not to do any online checks, hence the use of a flexible activation file locked to hardware (that can be re-used after formatting C drive). We are no Microsoft or Adobe, with thousands of activation requests every day 😀.

For significant updates, we do notify everyone via e-mail.

Waiting for V2.8.0.5 to be confirmed as a good harvest, then will notify everyone next week.

Perhaps you can feedback here

On 9/21/2019 at 11:37 AM, FS++ said:

Can probably be done.

But since day one, we elected not to do any online checks, hence the use of a flexible activation file locked to hardware (that can be re-used after formatting C drive). We are no Microsoft or Adobe, with thousands of activation requests every day 😀.

For significant updates, we do notify everyone via e-mail.

I wouldn´t need an update option where you click "update now" and everything runs automatic. Just only an information on the startup screen of MCE that there is a new(er) version available would help. The procedure of updating could be left as is now. 

As i´ve seen in the threat from RALF9636 you have done some adjustments and improvements. Of course i´ll let you know if i notice issues. The main issue for me is still the latter of the FO in backreading the ATC instruction given by PF3 with TTS voices. There must be a way to get this improved.

Edited by BerndB

Bernd