Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Spoiler toggle

58 minutes ago, paradisca1 said:

Thank you. It is a new install on Windows 7 with P3Dv4.5. I do use Chaseplane . So I will try without Chaseplane and consider moving to Windows 10.

The switch always continues to move with mouse clicks but there is no other reaction. 

Incidentally I find after the first cycle if the switch is in the extend position the standard keypress "/" then works to toggle the spoilers. If the switch is moved to the retract position "/" no longer works. 

I hope I am clear.

Steve

Hi Steve,

This is certainly a strange problem.

If turning off Chaseplane and then restarting the sim does not solve the problem, then I would try a Lear reinstall before taking the big step of moving to Win10 just because of this issue. If you decide to reinstall the Lear, delete the old install first and then check the original install location to make sure no files survived the uninstall. Delete any surviving files and then reinstall the Lear.

EDIT: And some another thoughts:

If you are using the WX radar or GTN650/750, you need to have the correct versions of these addons for P3Dv4.5, although if you don't the usual consequence is a CTD.

I assume the Lear is powered up with the engines running and the battery and generators on when you operate the spoilers.

BTW, note that in the air the spoilers only deploy about half way, but fully deploy on the ground.

Al

Edited by ark

Al,

I  tried a fresh install ... no leftover folders or files

Engines are running with BAT1 and both generators on and Chaseplane not loaded.
Tested using GNS530 panel and not GTN750. Wx Radar is updated to P3Dv4.5

Testing on ground mostly..have not paid close enough attention to what happens in flight to accurately report but it looks similar.

I noted the same behavior but I have also discovered that quadrant switch will always retract the spoilers but will not extend them except for the first cycle. "/" both extends and retracts if spoiler switch in EXT.

Conclusion: There is a glitch somewhere in my system. I may not be able to find it.

Thanks for a wonderful model.

Steve 

Dell Precision T3610, Windows 7 x64 + Windows XP x32 (dual boot)
Intel Xeon Processor ES-1620 v2, 4 core, 3.70 GHz
8GD DDR3-1600 
Nvidia GTX 960,  Dell U3011 (3560 x 1600 px) + Asus Pa245Q (1929 x 1200px)
FSX Acceleration

39 minutes ago, paradisca1 said:

I have also discovered that quadrant switch will always retract the spoilers but will not extend them except for the first cycle. "/" both extends and retracts if spoiler switch in EXT.

Conclusion: There is a glitch somewhere in my system. I may not be able to find it.

Steve,

Couple other 'shot in the dark' thoughts:

-- Make sure your G1000 assignment for the spoilers are G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6. I've gotten my PFD and MFD mixed up more than once!

-- Note that when using the G1000 assignment, you have to be inside the VC for it to work. So actuate the spoilers with the G1000 key, then 'go outside' to see what happened. Go back inside, turn off the spoilers and then 'go outside' again to see what happened, etc.

-- For testing purposes, you could  eliminate all key or axis assignments for the spoilers (or for arming spoilers), and any assignments through FSUIPC, just to make sure there are no accidental conflicting assignments, and then try using the mouse in the VC after restarting the sim.

-- You could try redownloading the Lear installer just in case your original download was corrupted somehow, and reinstall.

I can't think of anything else right now.

1 hour ago, paradisca1 said:

Thanks for a wonderful model.

I'll pass on your thanks to Mark at FSW.

Al